Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I have the P180 AND the P360 paddles for my XD-V75 systems. I ALREADY KNOW that I can use either set of paddles with the XD-V75 AND I can even use the XD-AD8 to use ONE set of paddles for up to 8 XD-V75 systems. What I am asking about is COMBINING both sets of paddles to 2 XD-V75 (rackmounted side-by-side in my rig). I KNOW (and already have configured) the 2 XD-V75s can share the antenna inputs. I am looking for a 2.4Ghz antenna combiner with BNC connectors, so I can use all 4 paddles together. The P180s for on stage and the P360s for audience coverage. Has anyone tried this? Issues with doing this? Thank you!

• 5 months later...

The problem with combining antennas to one RF input is that you get into unpredictable RF phase cancellations which could, at a minimum, mess up the directionality of individual antennas, and at worst create a bunch of nulls that reduce coverage. Assuming you're an audio guy, you know the phase cancellations possible when two or more physically separated mics are picking up the same thing. Same idea.