Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go High pitched background noise

stereo15

11 minutes ago, Asmirc said:

Hi stereo15, yes im having the same issue after the update. Any chance to downgrade the software to the previous one? Any idea?

How do you have things connected? You really shouldn’t be having an issue. I’d recommend opening a support ticket so you can get to the bottom of things. You don’t want to downgrade if you have a potential issue with your unit.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:44 PM, phil_m said:

How do you have things connected? You really shouldn’t be having an issue. I’d recommend opening a support ticket so you can get to the bottom of things. You don’t want to downgrade if you have a potential issue with your unit.

Hi phil_m, i have connected my guitar directly to the Pod Go and than to my Headphones. I also did a factory reset to make sure that all settings are back to normal, changed cables and guitars. It was the second time i startes it an allready having an issue. I previously had an Pod500X and was more than statisfied with it. The Pod Go just arrived, didnt have a chance to do anything with it.. Thanks!

Hi. Last time i checked ( today, 17.09.2020) it didn't made the noise while the USB cable was unplugged , but after i plugged it in, it started to do the noise. I think one of the problems can be interference when the USB in plugged in. I will try it without the USB and see how it behaves. Asmirc , do you have noise also in the situation that i described ?

PS. I will be back with more after i make some tests with other headphones, other cables and so on.

Thanks!

Sounds like you may have electrical interference called ground hum. It is not uncommon when audio devices are connected to a computer, particularly a laptop. Try unplugging the computer and running on battery power. If the noise disappears then ground hum is likely the issue. You can purchase a hum eliminator device which should clean up the electrical signal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm having tons of noise also. Both before upgrading device and after, though it does happen less frequently after the update. But it is still present and horrendous when it happens. Has to be the worst experience with a Line 6 product I have had to date. Pod go directly plugged into a USB hub, hub into Mac with Catalina 10.15. 

Same exact setup with the HD500X has no noise at all. It's definitely isolated to the Pod Go.

You can also get this with an electric motor on the same circuit branch. I notice a small static hum in studio monitors connected to the Pod Go when a wine cooler kicks on here. I've never bother to check if it's the Pod Go,  studio monitors or laptop. They are all plugged into the same branch.