Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor - can someone help me?

shile22

Goodmorning everyone. I write from Italy and I have recently bought helix floor. perhaps without too much information, but I have programmed some excellent sounds anyway.
I have questions if anyone can help me:
1- the volume pedal - It takes volume off only at the end, I can't modulate it well. Also if I change preset while the pedal is off, the volume returns to maximum. Rightly so?
2- looper. Is there a way to store the recording and recall it later? I lose everything at every preset change, or turning off and on helix .
3- If I use the two outputs in stereo, connecting 2 power cabs, how do I connect to a mixer?

Sorry some questions from the profane and even my English

thank you all

Buongiorno!

1) Need more info. Attach a copy of the preset so we can look at it. Setting the Exp Pedals to GLOBAL (vs per preset) in Global Settings should keep the pedal setting across presets.

2) No.

3) Use AES/EBU cables to connect Helix to PC #1 (cable 1) and the two PCs (cable 2).

-Take L/Mono Out from Helix OR XLR Out from PC to mixer (see below) for MONO, OR

-Take both XLR Outs to two channels of the mixer for STEREO, OR

-If you're using speaker mode or User IR mode (IRs on the PCs) on the PCs with STEREO presets, take the XLR Outs from both PCs to the mixer.

-If You're using MONO presets, then a single XLR out from either PC should do the job.

One advantage of taking the XLR from the PC vs from the Helix is that you can control the PC level separate from the Mixer send level (for stage level vs mixer send level), which is always UNITY (equal to the level at the Helix Output/PC Input). If you attach a second exp pedal to Helix and set it to send MIDI CC#7, then attach a MIDI cable to the PC (in addition to the AES/EBU Cable), then the second exp pedal will control the PC volume, and be your Volume pedal across all presets without affecting the mixer send level. No need for a Volume block in the signal chain unless it's important to gain staging in the signal chain.

Hope all of that is clear. If not, feel free to ask for clarification.

Further to my previous reply:

I assumed that you were using a PC112+. If you're using regular PC112, then your only options for 3) are to use 1/4" outs from the Helix to PCs (balanced [TRS] cables if over 20 feet).

Then for mixer send you can use either the XLR outs from Helix (if using IRs on Helix), or from PC (if using speaker mode).

Since there's no MIDI you can't use the second exp pedal method to control the PC volume, but manually controlling it from the PC itself will still allow you to control your stage level separate from the mixer send level when using the XLR outs from the PCs.

OR

When using the XLR outs on Helix for mixer send, in GLOBAL SETTINGS>INS/OUTS set the "VOLUME KNOB CONTROLS" setting to 1/4". That allows UNITY from XLR and the BIG KNOB controls the 1/4" outs.