Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dumble Amps???

jasonkerr931

Jason Sadites has a "Dumbl'ish" Preset at Line 6 Marketplace.

"Includes one single preset based around the Litigator amp model in the Helix and HX Stomp to get us close
to the famous D-Style amp. The preset contains 4 snapshots including Clean, Push, OD & Lead for the Helix
and 3 snapshots (Clean, Push, OD) for the HX Stomp. Dialed in and ready to go for all your live or studio needs".

Works with:
Helix Floor, Helix LT, Helix Rack, Helix Native, HX Stomp
Price: $3.99

Here is a link to his YT video

I can't speak for the preset's "Dumbl'ishness" 
but Jason is a crafty preset creator with the Helix IMHO.

I believe the Litigator model is a rough approximation of a Dumble.  It's called the Litigator because Line 6 would likely be in court defending itself if it stated the amp was a copy of a Dumble.  All I know is before this model was introduced a few years ago there were always questions about when we might see a Dumble, and after it's release that all quieted down.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, delacloche said:

I can highly recommend Michael Price's Premium Helix Presets which has some killer Dumble presets for only $8.00.I bought them and can honestly say they are the closest simulation of a Steel String Singer and an Overdrive Special. Check his website for demos.

An extensive search online did not turn up anyone  named Michael Price selling presets.  Can you or someone else please post a link or name correction?

thanks!

On 9/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, DunedinDragon said:

I believe the Litigator model is a rough approximation of a Dumble.  It's called the Litigator because Line 6 would likely be in court defending itself if it stated the amp was a copy of a Dumble.  All I know is before this model was introduced a few years ago there were always questions about when we might see a Dumble, and after it's release that all quieted down.....

That’s not really why they called it the Litigator... It’s basically a Line 6 original based on a Fender circuit as a starting point. It’s kind of in the same ballpark as a Dumble, in a sense. But Ben Adrian came up with the virtual circuit himself.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/page-1537#post-23073401

On 9/12/2020 at 9:13 AM, delacloche said:

I can highly recommend Michael Price's Premium Helix Presets which has some killer Dumble presets for only $8.00.I bought them and can honestly say they are the closest simulation of a Steel String Singer and an Overdrive Special. Check his website for demos.

I don't know Michael Price and can't find a website for him?? Let me know. Thanks.