Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X+Reaper+Win 10 FIx

Gearfox

After long time fighting with bsod, I've found a way to fix it. No need to throw bricks at me, but it can work in your case too.  All that you need is to download asio4fall v2 latest version and use it instead line 6 asio driver. No latency or cranking sound issue detected - everything great, no bsod around 2 hours or even more. 

I'm glad you found a working solution to your problems between win10 and the POD, and clearly that's what matters to you.
And it is commendable that you have shared your findings to help others who are having the same problem you have had.

Actually I am not directly interested in this topic since especially for music I am still using XP, and despite this, and with an apparently perfect configuration, the BSOD still happens, but just on rare occasions.

However I am convinced that Line6's native ASIO driver is better than the generic asio4all both for the important and useful setting options available, and for the achievable level of performance.

So in my opinion it would be better to recommend to others to install the Line6 driver and delete asio4all if present to avoid any conflicts between the two (which can easily happen).
Another thing to consider: the latest asio4all was released on May 23, 2017, while the latest Line6 driver on Nov 6, 2019, so I don't see how asio4all can be more current or better than the native driver.

If there are problems installing properly the Line6 driver on a certain system, you should find how to get around them.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• Thanks 1