Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't get Helix Native to start after log in

JamesM105496

I purchased Helix Native and after logging in inside my DAW I just get this screen and the plug in never loads. It says authorizing, authenticating licenses and then never goes anywhere.  I've been in contact with Tech Support and tried the thorough uninstall method, turning off wifi logging in and turning it back on , and I don't have a firewall and I'm not running a VPN. I'm running a Hackintosh with Mojave installed. All other programs and plug-ins I own work fine. I'm at my wits end in troubleshooting. If anyone out there could help it would be really appreciated. Thanks. 

IMG_2378.JPG

I am having this same problem on my mac min, stuck on that display screen, what gives??? This is the operating system I am using. Latest version of Native 64bit. DAW software Cubase Elements 8.

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 3.48.07 AM.png

Edited by kc5zga2013
updated explanation

On 9/13/2020 at 9:50 PM, JamesM105496 said:

If anyone out there could help it would be really appreciated.

Hi,

Not sure if there is any relevant info in this post regarding Mac OSX 10.15 (Catalina) in the paragraph about plugins.

Obviously you did install the 64bit version of HX Native, but it might be worth ensuring it is the correct version.

53 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

Not sure if there is any relevant info in this post regarding Mac OSX 10.15 (Catalina) in the paragraph about plugins.

Obviously you did install the 64bit version of HX Native, but it might be worth ensuring it is the correct version.

Hey thanks for commenting unfortunately I don't think this helped because I'm still on Mojave and didn't see any of those warning messages. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kc5zga2013 said:

I have tried everything, reinstalled everything twice and ran uninstalls , checked versions everything seems to be right, it just wont run for some reason.

Have you contacted tech support? Maybe if you reach out to them they can give you a different answer than me? If more people bring it forward maybe they will find a solution. 

Right on! Everyone having this problem should open a ticket and provide info to tech support. Doing so will help prioritize the alarm, and maybe lead to a solution. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

As someone who enjoys using Helix Native (with Mojave and Logic Pro 10.4.7), I sure wish Line 6 would find a fix for y'all.

30 minutes ago, soundog said:

Right on! Everyone having this problem should open a ticket and provide info to tech support. Doing so will help prioritize the alarm, and maybe lead to a solution. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

As someone who enjoys using Helix Native (with Mojave and Logic Pro 1-.4.7), I sure wish Line 6 would find a fix for y'all.

I agree hopefully other people report it to Line 6 that are having the problem. Hopefully somebody on here has a fix too. 

8 hours ago, kc5zga2013 said:

Ok, This is a realtime recording of what is happening with Helix Native:

That’s very odd, but the best thing to do with the video is open a ticket with Line 6 Customer Support and let the Tech Crew check it out.

This is something I haven’t encountered - I have been using Native in Logic right from the first version without any major disasters.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

15 hours ago, DirtyGibson said:

Add me to the list. I get the same screen after logging in and I'm on Windows 10 running Ableton Live.  This is also a fresh install.

Definitely open a support ticket because then if enough people come forward they will try to find a solution. Good info though that it's not just a Mac problem. That info will probably help them troubleshoot. 

24 minutes ago, kevinseelbach said:

I also created a ticket yesterday. Hopefully someone comes forward soon with a solution.

After a little further investigation, it seems once your account has 4 authorized computers, you can't authorize anymore and it does not show an error message. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue should visit this page to check your activations, and remove any old ones that are no longer relevant: https://line6.com/account/devices/

After I removed a few, Helix Native started right up. 

Edit: only issue I'm having now is none of the factory presets or user presets will load, even after restoring factory defaults, it throws this error.  

Edit2: You need to "Restore Factory Setlists", not "Restore Factory Settings"...

image.png

• Like 2

Well I will be tared and feathered:

Removing all of my "authorized devices" made it work finally

But I guess you can only have on one computer, as soon as a set it up on my DAW at home the laptop stops working and the home system does.

So it seems you can have only one computer "Authorized" at a time, going to test it now in a track I will let you all know how it goes.

20 hours ago, kevinseelbach said:

After a little further investigation, it seems once your account has 4 authorized computers, you can't authorize anymore and it does not show an error message. 

Anyone else experiencing this issue should visit this page to check your activations, and remove any old ones that are no longer relevant: https://line6.com/account/devices/

After I removed a few, Helix Native started right up. 

Edit: only issue I'm having now is none of the factory presets or user presets will load, even after restoring factory defaults, it throws this error.  

Edit2: You need to "Restore Factory Setlists", not "Restore Factory Settings"...

image.png

I could never get it to authorize a machine in the first place. I had only one other test machine that I authorized it on and my main computer still doesn't work unfortunately. 

19 hours ago, kc5zga2013 said:

Well I will be tared and feathered:

Removing all of my "authorized devices" made it work finally

But I guess you can only have on one computer, as soon as a set it up on my DAW at home the laptop stops working and the home system does.

So it seems you can have only one computer "Authorized" at a time, going to test it now in a track I will let you all know how it goes.

It should work on up to 5 active machines and 11 total registered life time. Hopefully it works out for you

Deleting unused authorizations worked for me!

I also got a response from tech support but didn't need to try their suggestion:

Please try turning off your wifi before launching the plugin. The login page should pop up, then turn back on your WiFi and log back in. Let me know if this resolves the issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro, I already contacted the support and tried to do all the things they told me, but none of the things they told me worked for me and they run out of ideas. Installing the license on my Windows machine did work, and I don't know what I can do now except for re-installing the OS...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2020 at 12:39 PM, TheR0cket147 said:

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro, I already contacted the support and tried to do all the things they told me, but none of the things they told me worked for me and they run out of ideas. Installing the license on my Windows machine did work, and I don't know what I can do now except for re-installing the OS...

The same thing for me they couldn't do anything else. I am hoping for a software update to fix it in the future hopefully one will come out soon for Native. Windows worked for me as well very weird. If you find anything keep me posted. 

On 10/18/2020 at 3:18 PM, kc5zga2013 said:

Make absolutely sure you don't have it activated on any other devices, only allows two computers with license. Had same problem on Macbook pro deactivated on all other devices then its would log in and run.

It should support up to 5 active devices if I'm not mistaken and unfortunately I could never get it to activate in the first place. Shame there is still no solution. 

15 hours ago, JamesM105496 said:

Shame there is still no solution.

Did anyone trawl through earlier posts to look for any clues to a fix?

I found this from a reply posted a couple of years back - might be worth a shot.

When you ain’t got nothing, you got nothing to lose. - Bob Dylan.

Hi,
I'm sorry about the trouble with your Helix Native.  Below are files paths for a number a files that need to be deleted in order to get your Native up and running again.  Please remove them all, and then perform a reinstall of the latest version of Native.

Plug-in Binaries, please remove these files.

/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/Line 6/Helix Native.aaxplugin
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Helix Native.component
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Line 6/Helix Native.vst /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/Line 6/Helix Native.vst3

Resources. You'll see a data and res folder; just delete the Helix Native folder for a clean slate.

/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/

User Data
This folder contains the user data for Helix Native. This includes the Preset and Impulse Response libraries, local license file (Purchases.dat), user preferences (Helix Native.prefs), and various logs.  

WARNING as of this writing, it isn’t necessary to delete the PRESET_LIBRARY and IR_LIBRARY folders when uninstalling. Before deleting these folders, be sure to make a backup!

Remove the .dat and .pref files.
~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/

Once all these files are removed, re install Native from a new download of the latest version.

https://line6.com/software/

Please let me know your results.
Thanks,
Line 6 Support

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 9 months later...
On 8/20/2021 at 7:48 AM, pipelineaudio1 said:

I went through with support, but they had no solution in the end either, maybe there's a trick out there?

FYI, the OP was from a guy having this issue on a Hackintosh running Mojave, although you don't say what you're using, but if you have gone through it with support without a solution, you're stuck.

If support don't know and you have checked all the ideas posted here then I guess your out of luck - Don't know what else you can do?

What a bummer. At work I have completely replaced my other guitar amp sim software with Helix Native, but if I need to fix something on my mobile I can't log in. I have to wait till I'm home where it also works. Being that the demo doesn't have this problem, it is surely fixable. We had to create a special offline patch for our software for cases where we can't figure out why web based authorization won't work, so its definitely doable.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this issue on a Window 10 computer that is working perfectly (except for Helix getting stuck on this loading page).

I sent in a ticket, but haven't heard back yet.

This topic was created about a year ago!

Is Line 6 helping anyone with this issue?

Thanks