Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't get Helix Native to start after log in

JamesM105496

14 hours ago, WadeLine6 said:

Is Line 6 helping anyone with this issue?

Hi,

Sadly, we have no idea if Line 6 is helping anyone with this, as this is just a user group offering peer to peer assistance. Staff from Line 6 don’t monitor these forums and very rarely visit here as you can probably tell by the fact that Digital Igloo (Line 6 Product Manager - Eric Klein) last updated the Release Notes for Native 1.50 in January 2018 and we are now at v.3.11 almost 4 years later.

If you do get a solution for this from Support, please post the response here, as it may assist others.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2021 at 1:50 PM, Wurzel49 said:

same here and still no solution...

A “me too” post doesn’t get you very far.

If you are seeking assistance from other users, it’s advisable to state what hardware, operating system and DAW you are using.

If you have read through and tried any possible solution offered in these posts, then the best recourse is to contact Customer Support and raise a ticket.

This is a user group and is not visited by Line 6 staff, you need to make them aware of the problem.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

I opened a Line 6 ticket. After months of numerous suggestions from Line 6, I get the same failed (blank screen) result every time. Line 6 doesn’t have a clue. I have a high end computer with numerous audio, video, and photography software & plugins installed and this is the ONLY issue I’ve ever had. It appears this issue happens to a lot of people. Very disappointing.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WadeLine6 said:

I opened a Line 6 ticket. After months of numerous suggestions from Line 6, I get the same failed (blank screen) result every time. Line 6 doesn’t have a clue. I have a high end computer with numerous audio, video, and photography software & plugins installed and this is the ONLY issue I’ve ever had. It appears this issue happens to a lot of people. Very disappointing.

What DAW are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

After months of Line 6 technical support trying to get Helix Native to work on my Windows 10 computer, they said they will refund my purchase because they have no idea why it doesn't work on some computers that are in perfect working condition.

I don't think Helix Native is ready for Prime-Time, but at least Line 6 is willing to admit Helix Native has major issues and willing to issue refunds.

Solution for me was to remove older computers from Authorized Devices on Line6 account. There were 4 and Helix would give no error but didn't seem to fully authorize (error message please, Line6). Immediately upon removing devices (leaving 2), Helix would fully load.

FYI, on a Mac, but this doesn't seem hardware-related.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I was having this issue today. Line 6 License Manager was showing my device as authorized, but it would not authenticate when trying to use it in Reaper. I tried all the usual troubleshooting steps. Restart, log out and back in, uninstall, reinstall, install older version etc...

The solution: Download HX EDIT and sign in to there. Doesn't matter that I didn't have the pedal plugged in. As soon as I signed into HX Edit, Native started working.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Just an update to this to give a bit more info on where the issue may lie, having had he same problem again on a new laptop. 

If I went into HX Edit, it had the option to authorize computer, but it didn't do anything when clicked, and this is all despite the license manager saying the computer *was* authorized. I was signed in but HX  Edit thought it wasn't authorized.

I went into the license manager and deauthorized it so I could go into HX edit to authorize it, and only then did the option now say 'Deauthorize Computer' without changing anything else, so it was now automatically authorized and Native now works, and my computer still shows as active in my active devices on the site. It appears the bug is in the license manager somewhere.

TL:DR
Deathorize if authorized using the license manager.
Sign in using HX Edit and let that authorize the computer.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here in 2024 I ran into same issues which I fixed by going to your line account and go to authorizations page and de authorize your old devices that were previously authorized, did the trick!