Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

cannot Log into Line6Updater

tuumbaq

11 hours ago, tuumbaq said:

recently purchased an HX stomp, trying to update it now...Downloaded and installed the updater.Confirmed my email as well but it wont let me in.

I get an error message : The operation could not be completed.

What the hec ? Please help

It would be a lot easier to assist you if you gave the information needed to be able to do that.

Ok. you get an error message saying "The operation could not e completed", but on it's own it doesn't tell us much.

More info required.

Example:
Update your HX Stomp from what version of the Firmware to ?.?? version

What updater will not let you in?
Note: the latest version of the firmware 2.92 is installed using HX Edit

What computer and operating system are you using - Windows, Mac

Please help us to help you.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks , I cant even access the updater so this is not an issue with the HX stomp.Its  rather disappointing ...for a company selling high tech ,this is not super impressive to say the least.

I installed the latest Installer for Mac OX ( version  1.19 ).I signed up, confirmed my email restarted several times and I cant log in.

I get this messsage :

The operation could not be completed.(NSURL.ErrorDomain Error -1202)

5 hours ago, tuumbaq said:

Thanks , I cant even access the updater so this is not an issue with the HX stomp.Its  rather disappointing ...for a company selling high tech ,this is not super impressive to say the least.

I installed the latest Installer for Mac OX ( version  1.19 ).I signed up, confirmed my email restarted several times and I cant log in.

I get this messsage :

The operation could not be completed.(NSURL.ErrorDomain Error -1202)

You still have not given me very much more to go on, but I will attempt to help you.

That error message is an Apple issue  - not Line 6. Therefore your statement “for a company selling high tech ,this is not super impressive to say the least”, should be directed to Apple.

Also, you failed to tell me the version of OSX you are running, but I will guess “Yosemite”,  because this expired certificate is a known issue. 

"NSURLErrorDomain - 1012" when enrolling devices with Apple Configurator

When enrolling a new device to SimpleMDM using Apple Configurator software, you may receive the following error on the device during enrollment:

The configuration for your [device] could not be downloaded from [company name]
The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

This error sometimes occurs because Apple Configurator has cached an expired certificate. 

To resolve the issue, complete the following steps within Apple Configurator:

1. Click the "Apple Configurator" file menu and select the "Preferences" option.
  2. Click the "Servers" tab.
  3. Select any SimpleMDM servers and delete them by clicking the "-" button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Attempt to re-enroll your device. Select the device in Apple Configurator, click "Prepare" and follow the prompts. When asked to, configure a new MDM server.

This process will cause Apple Configurator to fetch the latest SimpleMDM certificates and may resolve the error.

The certificate issue is documented here:

If this continues try this.

Follow these instructions to the letter, do not deviate.

You will have to do a local install, by downloading the stuff you need and using the Line 6 Updater Utility. First you will need the HX Edit v2.92 software, then the Helix LT v 2.92 Flash Memory Bundle.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HX Stomp, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select HX Stomp 2.92 Flash Memory, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac (they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). If you have made some presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything is fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your HX Stomp connected to the Mac by a good USB cable and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your HX Stomp and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded  and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense

If this fails then the only person to blame is...?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

You still have not given me very much more to go on, but I will attempt to help you.

That error message is an Apple issue  - not Line 6. Therefore your statement “for a company selling high tech ,this is not super impressive to say the least”, should be directed to Apple.

Also, you failed to tell me the version of OSX you are running, but I will guess “Yosemite”,  because this expired certificate is a known issue. 

"NSURLErrorDomain - 1012" when enrolling devices with Apple Configurator

When enrolling a new device to SimpleMDM using Apple Configurator software, you may receive the following error on the device during enrollment:

The configuration for your [device] could not be downloaded from [company name]
The operation couldn't be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1012.)

This error sometimes occurs because Apple Configurator has cached an expired certificate. 

To resolve the issue, complete the following steps within Apple Configurator:

1. Click the "Apple Configurator" file menu and select the "Preferences" option.
  2. Click the "Servers" tab.
  3. Select any SimpleMDM servers and delete them by clicking the "-" button at the bottom of the window.
  4. Attempt to re-enroll your device. Select the device in Apple Configurator, click "Prepare" and follow the prompts. When asked to, configure a new MDM server.

This process will cause Apple Configurator to fetch the latest SimpleMDM certificates and may resolve the error.

The certificate issue is documented here:

If this continues try this.

Follow these instructions to the letter, do not deviate.

You will have to do a local install, by downloading the stuff you need and using the Line 6 Updater Utility. First you will need the HX Edit v2.92 software, then the Helix LT v 2.92 Flash Memory Bundle.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HX Stomp, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select Mac OS X from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. from the next page you can select HX Stomp 2.92 Flash Memory, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a grab Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your Mac (they need to be installed in the Line 6 folder inside your Applications Folder). If you have made some presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit prior to updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that you have your HX Stomp connected to the Mac by A good USB cable and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your HX Stomp and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file you down loaded  and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense

If this fails then the only person to blame is...?

Thanks for the help, I tried all of this...none of it worked.

I ended up using a different computer, I can successfuly log in but the updater cant see my device...I installed HX edit, restarted, tried different usb, no luck.

In 2020, I reeeeeeeeally dont think I should have programmers knowledge to update a product I just bought.In this case , the person to blame is Line6...Im just about to return the Stomp, this is unacceptable in todays days and age, ESPECIALLY given the price I paid, I would expect a quick plug and play, not this jumping thru hooops crap.

1 hour ago, tuumbaq said:

I ended up using a different computer, I can successfuly log in but the updater cant see my device...I installed HX edit, restarted, tried different usb, no luck.

O.K. Give I will give this one more shot. You do realise that HX Edit must be closed down before you run the Updater to do a local install. Also, as you are using a Mac, ensure that the version of HX edit is the latest version, because it is not unknown to have an older version being accessed via an “alias” linking back. That can be a big problem.

One further thing - have you tried any of the factory reset options available on you HX Stomp. Here ya go! Try FS2+3

HX Stomp

Button Combination

Description

All 3 Footswitches

Clears all presets/IRs

FS1+2

Resets presets and IRs

FS 2+3

Factory restore (globals, presets, IRs

Sorry about this, but in 2020, I reeeeeeeeally think users should have enough knowledge to update a product. It appears that most those 28,000 Helix family users on the Facebook page seem to mange to get through this painlessly.

Generally,  most people can get through this update stuff without any problems and the very loud “firmware update bricked my Helix, Stomp, Effects unit” complaint usually turn out to be user error!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:10 PM, tuumbaq said:

In 2020, I reeeeeeeeally dont think I should have programmers knowledge to update a product I just bought.

Please let us know what Mac you're using and which OS it runs.

Go the the Apple menu at the left hand side of the menu bar and click About This Mac.

What we need to know are about the first three lines only.

For instance, on my Mac it says:

OS X El Capitan

Version 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

That's the basic info we need to rule out known issues.

If your Mac runs El Capitan or older, you won't be able to log in via HX Edit or the Updater anymore. Blame Apple for not providing any updates here.

And yep, I have my reasons to work in El Capitan. As in: I do know what I'm doing. ;) However, I also have bootable partitions on this Mac up to Catalina if needed.

• Upvote 1