Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware Update? Question on the process

C_berg1980

I just bought the Line 6 Pod Go. The current firmware version that came on the unit is 1.010. I see that the current or latest version would be 1.12. Do I just download the 1.12 update  or is the correct way to do each firmware update from past to present in order? I'm a bit confused on this.?

On 9/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, silverhead said:

You can go directly to v1.12. No need to progress through the intermediate releases.

Thank you for informing me silverhead, I got updated to the newest firmware. I certainly appreciate the help. Thank you also cristt for replying. I also bought the Powercab 112 plus to use with the Pod Go. I am having a difficult time getting good tone using the Pod Go with the Powercab. I have not been able to find any videos or suggestions on how to properly set up both  devices together. Do either of you know of a link or site I could visit in order to learn how to properly use the two devices together? Thanks for you help   

1 hour ago, C_berg1980 said:

Thank you for informing me silverhead, I got updated to the newest firmware. I certainly appreciate the help. Thank you also cristt for replying. I also bought the Powercab 112 plus to use with the Pod Go. I am having a difficult time getting good tone using the Pod Go with the Powercab. I have not been able to find any videos or suggestions on how to properly set up both  devices together. Do either of you know of a link or site I could visit in order to learn how to properly use the two devices together? Thanks for you help   

Don't know exactly how the powercab works, however you should set it flat FRFR with no speaker cab/IR activated. Then on the pod go set your patch with amp+cab/IR modeling and connect it to the powercab via main out or amp out (the latter being set as main out in global settings).

just found this post that might help:

Powercab x12+ has three modes

Flat Mode - has three voicings that select the final post-processing EQ and crossover settings for the speaker system. XLR out is the same as the Powercab input (for all voicings)

• FRFR - Uses the high-frequency compression driver with a flattened frequency-response EQ for full-range operation. The tweeter is on, XLR out is the same as the Powercab input. Use when cab or IR models are provided before the Powercab input.Good for acoustic instruments.
  • LF Raw - Uses only the woofer with no EQ applied, allowing Powercab to be utilized like a typical 12" guitar speaker. Tweeter is off. Use with no IR or cab processing at the input.
  • LF Flat - Uses only the woofer with a flattened frequency response EQ. This voicing is used as the normalized basis for the Speaker models. Essentially each Speaker model is an EQ added to LF Flat that reproduces the sound of the modeled speaker. Tweeter is off. Use this for a different guitar speaker sound. 

Speaker - each speaker model adds EQ to to the to the LF Flat basis to reproduce the sound of the speaker model. XLR output is a cab model that matches the speaker model, and includes a mic model. Tweeter is always off. This is probably the mode that leverages the unique features of Powercab the most to provide the amp in the room sound. It is actually a guitar speaker in the room with no mic model. Use with no IR or cab processing at the input.

IR - uses IRs on the Flat/FRFR voicing for additional speaker selections. XLR output includes the IR processing. The tweeter is always on. Use with no IR or cab processing at the input.

4 minutes ago, cristt said:

Don't know exactly how the powercab works, however you should set it flat with no speaker cab/IR activated. Then on the pod go set your patch with amp+cab/IR modeling and connect it to the powercab via main out or amp out (the latter being set as main out in global settings).

Okay Cristt, I am going to set everything up the this way and give it a try and see if it sounds better than how I originally set things up.