Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Not sure if this but I have just had my JTV going quiet and have cut out, this has only just started to happen, last week it cut out just seconds befor the first song of gig, I checked everything then I moved the toggle switch up and down and it came back on, I never keep the battery in as I only use the mags, it's like needs some power to keep it going? should the battery be left in? is that the problem? if not will need to send it back, it's only a few months old.....looks like I'll have to go back to my back & shoulder breaking Gibo for this weeks gig.

No - the mags do not need the battery. There must be a loose connection somewhere. With the mags it's just a standard guitar; ant guitar tech should be able to diagnose it.

However if it's still under warranty I would take it to a Line 6 service center.

• Upvote 1

Not sure if this but I have just had my JTV going quiet and have cut out, this has only just started to happen, last week it cut out just seconds befor the first song of gig, I checked everything then I moved the toggle switch up and down and it came back on, I never keep the battery in as I only use the mags, it's like needs some power to keep it going? should the battery be left in? is that the problem? if not will need to send it back, it's only a few months old.....looks like I'll have to go back to my back & shoulder breaking Gibo for this weeks gig.

I have had a similar issue when playing just on mags and flicking the pick up selector switch clears it.  I have also seen a couple of others report similar problems with their JTV59s.  One of which sent theirs back in to have the faulty mag pick up replaced.  Mine is out of warranty and I usually use the modelling, so I am not taking any action regarding the glitch with the mag pups yet.  As your guitar is still in warranty I agree with Silverhead that you should take it to a Line 6 service center to have it repaired.

Same here , been happening for a while now and only on mags . Again out of warranty so I just use the toggle switch to rectify.

During the year I was waiting for mine to be delivered there was a reported problem of to much flux/solder being used on the toggle switch during construction but can't remember if this was affecting mags or the modelled sounds . Not convinced it's the same problem as then it was apparent quite soon on receiving the guitars and the manufacturers were informed quite quickly and the issue was dealt with at source . I'd had mine for over a year when it first happened so might just be a faulty toggle .