Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Registering a used Helix

jcmathews

Hi - I was offered a really good deal on a two-year-old Helix Floor, but I want to avoid any problems. If the original owner registered it under his account for updates and software, etc., how can I put it in my name/account? I currently have a registered Helix LT. Also, what's the warranty on the Floor? If it's longer than two years, does any of it transfer to me if I buy it?

Thanks!

Edited to add -- if this has been covered beffore, please share a link to the thread. I tried searching, but the search function isn't great.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, jcmathews said:

Hi - I was offered a really good deal on a two-year-old Helix Floor, but I want to avoid any problems. If the original owner registered it under his account for updates and software, etc., how can I put it in my name/account? I currently have a registered Helix LT. Also, what's the warranty on the Floor? If it's longer than two years, does any of it transfer to me if I buy it?

Thanks!

Edited to add -- if this has been covered beffore, please share a link to the thread. I tried searching, but the search function isn't great.

If you do not already own Native be aware that if the original owner already used their discount with the Helix to purchase Native you will have not be able to get the discount that comes with the Helix. I believe though the Native license is transferable if the original owner is amenable. Might not be a bad idea to check with Line6 support on that or I would bet that @Phil_m could probably provide some info on license transfers.

Also be aware that Optional additional years of Warranty Coverage are available for purchase directly from Line 6, once you confirm a valid transfer of the original unit's license, and, if the unit is still within the Extended Optional Warranty Availability Period! Regarding the Optional Warranty you should inquire with Line 6 to confirm the status of the unit.

• 1 year later...
On 4/26/2022 at 5:37 AM, Cougarbarnes said:

Has anyone had any luck swapping the registration over on a used helix if if they have no contact with the original owner or receipt? I'm going to check one out but they're the second owner and never tried to register it.

Contact Line 6 by phone or support ticket. They will help you get that done.

• Thanks 1