Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Various Noob Questions...?

mastervolume11

I thought I'd start this one thread instead of create one for each of of my noob questions:

-I can't seem to get a pure clean tone for the AC30 model, even with the drive control all the way down.  Is there any way to adjust the gain more than using just the knobs?

-My headphones are way too bassy.  Is there another EQ control other than using an EQ pedal effect block?

-(Answered)   Now when I create a second amp to be able to layer them, the signal in my right heaphone dissapears and doesn't come back unless I change the input 2 setting in the input/output menu from "mic" to "same".  Any idea what the issue is?

-Some of the models don't have enough gain, not even as much as the actual cranked amps they are based on.  Is the only way to increase the gain by turning up the input impedence in the input options in the setup menu?

thanks!

if you want, try to set input2=mic and turn completely down the mic volume physical knob of your HD Desktop..

for an explanation of why I give you this advice, give a look here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/4927-how-has-greatly-improved-my-use-of-the-hd500/

and here:

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/74045?start=0&tstart=9

Wow, it actually made a difference and now the amp models sound more like the real thing to me. 

So if I understand correctly, the "same" option is engaged on input 2 in the system & input/output menu, it essentially takes the guitar signal and doubles it?

- Question:  Now when I create a second amp to be able to layer them, the signal in my right headphone dissapears and doesn't come back unless I change the input 2 setting in the input/output menu from "mic" to "same".  Any idea what the issue is?

"Line 6 is aware though, and who knows, they may release an update to help work around this in the future" :D

Is this a common issue or are you joking?

- Question:  Now when I create a second amp to be able to layer them, the signal in my right channel dissapears and doesn't come back unless I change the input 2 setting in the input/output menu from "mic" to "same".  Any idea what the issue is?

It's because with input 2 set to 'mic', there is no signal reaching the second amp path. Its looking for a mic signal that isnt there. So if you have amps A and B panned hard left and right, the right channel will drop out under those circumstances.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want, try to set input2=mic and turn completely down the mic volume physical knob of your HD Desktop..

for an explanation of why I give you this advice, give a look here:

http://line6.com/support/topic/4927-how-has-greatly-improved-my-use-of-the-hd500/

and here:

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/74045?start=0&tstart=9

So do you guys think the unit was designed and tuned with input 2 set on "same" or not active ("mic")?

In other words, do you think the Line 6 people programmed all the amp models, then thought "this might not be enough gain for most modern guitarists who probably like metal", so they set the unit to have both inputs active to provide more gain instead of keeping it on the default of one input being active?