Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Revv D20 and Powercab + ?

flynvgtr1

The PowerCab is intended to take Line Level input from a preamp device such as a Helix.  Most tube amps can connect to it via the Effects loop, but would need a load box on the speaker output to avoid blowing the transformer. 

Interestingly, the Revv D20 looks likes it actually has a built in load box which would allow you to output a Line Level signal without plugging into a speaker.  Based on this, you should theoretically be able to connect the two.  That's pretty cool.

First, push the button on the back to select the "Internal Load", or leave the speaker disconnected (it supposedly automatically loads it if nothing is connected). 

Then take the Two Notes Balanced Ouptut and connect it to the PowerCab.  This output has it's own Power Section and Speaker IR from the amp, so you'd want to set the PowerCab to FRFR to act like a PA speaker, as you would with the Helix if you had cabinet sims enabled in it.

Alternatively, you should be able to take the FX Send output instead and run that into the PowerCab line in.  This will not have the Power Section or Speaker IR however, so you would then want to choose a speaker model in the PowerCab or run it in pure speaker mode with no tweeter.  It may be possible to get the IRs used in the Revv D20 from the company and load those into the PowerCab directly.  In which case they'd presumably sound identical with either option.  Though the balanced output would be better due to lower noise floor and more output from balanced connections.

• 3 months later...

Great info, thanks. I have the Stomp and the D20 as well as pedals. I’m thinking of running the D20 in the send and return of the Stomp. This would allow both my pedals before and Stomp effects either before or after. I’m keen to use stereo effects after the D20 to create a stereo image to my interface. Would this work (before I buy the cables). Any thoughts much appreciated. Tim

On 1/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, Tim249 said:

Great info, thanks. I have the Stomp and the D20 as well as pedals. I’m thinking of running the D20 in the send and return of the Stomp. This would allow both my pedals before and Stomp effects either before or after. I’m keen to use stereo effects after the D20 to create a stereo image to my interface. Would this work (before I buy the cables). Any thoughts much appreciated. Tim

The key for the D20 is to use the built in XLR DI output with no cab connected (or the load box enabled) to go into the PowerCab.  However you connect the rest should be OK.

• 5 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 1:29 PM, flynvgtr1 said:

I was wondering if these 2 can be hooked together and how would you go about it? I'm thinking about getting the Revv G20.

The REVV D20 has a XLR out with built-in Two Notes Torpedo cabinet emulation. To use the Line 6 Powercab 112 Plus, simply connect an XLR cable between the XLR out of the D20 to the XLR in of the Powercab. Set the Powercab to FLAT mode. Adjust the XLR output on the D20 using the mini volume knob just underneath the Headphone Jack until the clipping LED on the Powercab turns yellow (you'll need to play something on your guitar while you do this). Then, adjust the volume of the Powercab to taste. That's it. Enjoy. 

DO NOT!!! Connect the Powercab using the Speaker Out of the D20. That may damage both the D20 and the Powercab. Only use the XLR out from the D20 to the XLR in of the Powercab. 

• Like 1