Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Wah/Volume

lmorten503

Yes I would quote voxman55, do and upgrade and reset to factory.

btw by saying pod go app you say pod go edit software I guess? If you connect the pod go to the computer and open up the software, by moving the exp pedal you should see the volume/wah parameter go up and down, selecting the volume/wah block. See if it is so.

3 hours ago, lmorten503 said:

Hi All,

Thank you for your suggestions. I updated firmware and reset to factory. They did not work. When I move the expression pedal up and down nothing happen either audibly or when connected to Pod Go edit. 

Im wondering if it’s just defective?

could be. but if you reassign the exp pedal to a parameter (volume or wah) does it work?

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have the same problem as described by lmorten503 above. Brand new pod go (wireless), and the pedal won't work - the parameter moves on the screen when I press physically, but no wah or volume modulation whatsoever in the sound. I have upgraded firmware to 1.30 which did not make any difference. Am I missing something simple ? Was the problem above solved in the end ? Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - 3 people with the same problem!  I can't believe 3 units are faulty; common sense suggests this must be to do with settings or an issue with the firmware upgrade to v1.30

@crisstit@JNorrington@ograndry

Guys, I think you all need to log a ticket with Line 6 Support

1. what computers are you all using - PC or MAC? 

2. Did you all update firmware through Pod Go Edit v1.30? (which is how you should be upgrading)

3. Does your Pod Go display now show v1.30?

4. In factory patches, every preset has one Wah block (automatically assigned to EXP 1) and one Volume block (automatically assigned to EXP 2). Does it show that Volume has been assigned to EXP2 and Wah has been assigned to EXP1?   If not, try assigning the EXP pedal (probably easier in PG Edit). 

If you find the solution from Line 6 Support, please post what the problem was and how it was fixed. 

Hi, in my case at least it was a simple fix (post updating to 1.30 but I don't know to what extent this helped): somehow the pedal (whether wah or volume blocks) had to be activated through Pod go edit on a given preset BEFORE being enabled (or capable of being enabled) by pressing physically on the switch through the pedal itself. After a couple of iteration I have managed to make it work that way. Once activated it stays so, no need to fo through the software each time. Hope this helps.

I have had exactly the same problem on 2 pod Go's  now - I took the first one back to the store and then the 2nd one malfunctioned in the same way the expression pedal is lit but when  I switch to vol it still stays lit despite changing to volume on Pod edit and the display on the unit. It also does not change volume. I updated to latest firmware and restarted - Loaded from last back up - Nothing worked. This looks like a major fault somewhere.

MY ADVICE IS WHEN YOU GET THE POD GO USE POD EDIT TO MAKE A BACKUP RIGHT AWAY AND KEEP DOING SO REGULARLY.

Good news re a fix for the pedal issue. I managed to sort this out last night by. Restoring to factory settings But this means losing any edits you have done unless you had previously saved a backup. I would strongly advise making backups every time you edit the Pod otherwise you could lose a lot of work. I did re-upload the firmware but it was already up to date and had no effect. However when I reset the Pod to factory settings and then restored from backup everything functioned fine.

I still don't know why the malfunction happened but I suspect the Pod thinks there is a secondary expression pedal connected even though there is not & for some reason it is frozen ???  If it keeps happening that would be a pain but it may be just one of those crashes/bugs that are difficult to pinpoint and only happens rarely.

Hopefully this will work for others.