Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Asio Driver doesn't like reaper!

CallumParke

Hello beautiful people of the internet, I am having an issue that seems to be related to the ASIO Driver for POD go.

When trying to sync with reaper, the driver doesn't register any inputs and reaper displays a message of "error initialising asio driver". 

Has anyone experienced the same issue and had a solution?

Thanks

if you hit "asio configuration" does the asio line6 panel show up?

I don't know much what you'd need to solve this, other than the typical shutdown pod go, turn it on again and retry.

You may try also with the asio4all generic asio drivers. And maybe download another free/trial daw just to see if it's reaper related problem or indipendant from the software.

most likely something else is using it. I use Reaper also and ASIO goes unavailable in Reaper when I switch to Sound Forge to edit a file (I have it set for ASIO also). But as soon as I close Sound Forge the driver comes back on in Reaper. This happens on the fly and no restarting of anything is required. I am also using Windows 10. Make sure Windows Sound is using the Sound Mapper and not the POD directly. This could lock up ASIO for everything. Do NOT use ASIO4ALL, that will completely mess up your rig. It's not needed any more. There was a time in the past where it might have been helpful, but it is a dated remediation approach now.

yeah I use reaper and I also get that kind of "stand by" mute sound if I use another audio application. but I suspect is more of a windows thing; I have a vague remembering that you can avoid that... in windows there's an option that goes like "allow programs to take control of the audio device" or something... I would give it a shot. 

Thank you for the asio4all thing advice, didn't know it was old school! 

Thanks for the advice,

I get no response when I click on the "asio configuration" button, which confuses things as it makes me think there's a problem with the driver. As for windows sound, there is nothing other than the mic & speakers that come up as devices. I'm a bit of a novice and I can't locate the sound mapper. I dowloaded ASIO4ALL but haven't used it. I will uninstall now haha.

I suspected that having the line6 pod go edit running simultaneously may have been the issue however it has persisted even when that and all other apps are not running

1 hour ago, CallumParke said:

Thanks for the advice,

I get no response when I click on the "asio configuration" button, which confuses things as it makes me think there's a problem with the driver. As for windows sound, there is nothing other than the mic & speakers that come up as devices. I'm a bit of a novice and I can't locate the sound mapper. I dowloaded ASIO4ALL but haven't used it. I will uninstall now haha.

I suspected that having the line6 pod go edit running simultaneously may have been the issue however it has persisted even when that and all other apps are not running

on windows 10, audio control panel, if you double click a device (you should find the pog go) it opens up a window with various tabs, one it's "advanced": in it you find a box like "allow applications to get exclusive access of the device" (sorry but my system is in italian!). Try check and uncheck it and see if it changes something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cristt said:

on windows 10, audio control panel, if you double click a device (you should find the pog go) it opens up a window with various tabs, one it's "advanced": in it you find a box like "allow applications to get exclusive access of the device" (sorry but my system is in italian!). Try check and uncheck it and see if it changes something.

Ah the issue I have found is that the Pod Go doesn't come up as an audio device. There is an error with the driver it seems. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall said driver but without any success.

here is whats given to me in device details:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

The events window also states "Device USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247&MI_01\8&2c017c11&0&0001 requires further installation." 

All of this goes well over my head to be honest!