Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Display Suggestions

MH421821

So I've been a Helix user for awhile now, and I've honestly never done a forum before, but I have had some pipe dreams for the helix since I've owned it, and thought maybe I'd just ask to see if it could happen. 

Amp Suggestions:

-Milkman (I've always wanted to own a Milkman amp, some sort of old school, bluesy, creamy type tone. I know you can just edit a Fender Deluxe to get a similar style, but there really is something special about these Milkman amps, and if it could be recreated in the helix, it would be like amp heaven for me)

More practical suggestions:

-Graphical Display for Eq (I've seen this suggested a lot, so I really think it should be considered in an update. I work as a sound engineer, so I am aware that you need to use your ears, but sometimes having a visual representation just adds to the experience of setting up a rig. It's nice to "see" what I'm doing as I'm hearing it)

-Amp and effects Display (Literally, the only thing that is missing on the helix to make it feel more like a luxury item is just an update for the graphical interface. I'm not talking much, just some sort of pop up that displays a picture of the pedal or amp you're using. You can already kinda see them in the HX edit program. So it's not like it would involve making any new art, I would just like to see a picture of what I'm using. It creates vibe, and sometimes it helps me remember the name of what I'm using, since these are all "made up" amps. It would really make the difference with the helix being a luxury item). 

Buggs or Problems with Programming

-Having an option to turn off the auto-increase feature (Sometimes when I'm trying to set something on the helix, like a certain gain level on a pedal, I turn the knob really fast, and it automatically jumps to way past where I wanted it to go. It gets annoying as I either have to turn the knob really carefully and slowly, or just keep going back and forth pass the value that I actually want. It's super frustrating. It be nice to turn off that feature, so it wouldn't matter how fast I turned the knob, the values would never automatically jump like 50 units.)

-Saving Effects/amps:  Values/names (Lastly, something that so many people have asked for, and it really wouldn't be difficult to do or take up much more space on the device. Being able to save presets for effects. Like if I always dial in a certain set up for an amp, but I want to use it on a different rig, I could save a preset of that particular amp/effect and name it whatever I wanted. It could also help, if I set up an amp to try to replicated a different amp that's not modeled on the helix, I could save "my own amp" without having to bug you guys about adding a new effect or amp. I could make one of the fuzzes sound like a russian version of the big muff pi and call it "big muff pi-r" and always be able to find it in my effects..

Wrong forum. This is where you go if you're serious about suggestions for changes and improvements:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting a new idea, please search to see if it's already been proposed. If 100 people vote on the same idea presented 20 different ways, it looks like only 5 people care about it!

Also, post your suggestions one at a time. I for one NEVER up-vote multiple suggestions posted as one.