Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Return To The Pod

Dino334

I've been a line 6 users off and on for several years. I currently have the g90 and m9 in my rack system, among other things, but use Mesa exclusively for my sound. My other guitarist uses fractal, which is very cool, but in all honesty in the live situation, it is apples and oranges against my rig. The real thing just seems to have something more (thank you Mesa) and can't hold up against mine. With that being said, the x3 was my favorite modeller and I briefly had a hd500. Well, tomorrow my hd prox is set to arrive. I'm looking forward to incorporating it into my rig, 4cm, and to have a lot of tools and amp sims at my disposal. Just wanted to say I'm pretty stoked and happy to return to the pod family. I wasn't impressed with the axe fx for its cost and am really looking forward to making some great tones and tunes with the prox!

I've had several Boogie rigs myself in the past, and you can't find a better amp, IMHO. Nowadays I'm perfectly happy with the HD for everything I do. Oddly, I really don't care for the Rectifier sim. I can't get it to sound at all like my old Mk 4 or any other of the older Boogies.

Have fun with yours!

even with the real things the Dual Rectifier doesn't sound like any of the Mark series

Yeah, I figured that. Too bad there is no Mk 4 or 5 amongst the amps they sampled. It was the best sounding distortion I ever heard. I never used any distortion pedals with my Mk 4 and got an absolutely killer sound with it. By themselves, none of the amps in the HD are as sweet, for me, as the sound I got from my Boogies. However, with the addition of a tube screamer, the divided by 13 gives me really nice lead sounds.

Oh, I've done plenty of exploring! I've used the HD for a few years now. I just like what I like, I guess. Although I play all kinds of music in my gigs, I go for my own sounds and don't really try to copy anyone's sound.

I mostly use single coils, so some amps sound better with them. On the other hand I use mainly the deluxe with my 335.

• 1 month later...

Ok...so I got the ProX, toyed with it for a few days, 4cm, and it just sucked the life out of my rig. This after reading countless posts on how to make it sound great with 4cm. So I sent it back, got an RP1000, and was beyond disappointed. That went back even quicker. Still needed an interface to record with, not wanting to shell out 3 grand for an axe fx (I've already spent enough with my rig, to include a couple of Mesa heads, a 6505+, evh 5153, and many rack pieces) so I opted one more time with the POD HD, this time the 500X. And all I have to say is WOW! 4cm works like a charm, the tones I am able to get are killer, and I was able to damn near mimic my Mesa tone using the 500x direct into my loop. Still not a true tube tone and a hint of digital/sterile sound, but awesome in its own right. Overall I am thoroughly impressed with this unit! I'm working on recreating my 5153 sound and the flexibility of running it into my rig will pay for its weight in gold. Not sure if I got a busted hd prox or if something just clicked, but I'm loving this thing. Anyway, just wanted to drop my 2 cents in here on the pod hd 500x. It's definitely not a toy or a kid's modeler.

• Upvote 2