Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Edit without hardware connected?

olerabbit

Hello Line6ers,

my Pod Go is in the rehersal room. Pod Go Edit is installed on my desktop pc at home.

If I want to load presets - eg to check components - I constantly have to transport my Pod Go back and forth.

Is there any way to do this in a much more comfortable and easier way?

Thanks for your help.

Perhaps keep an inexpensive laptop in the studio so you can load Pod Go Edit on it, and back up all your patches from home Inc new patches, changes on a USB stick to import. 

I'm not quite sure why you can't use Pod Go Edit without plugging in Pod Go as the Vox Tonelab Sound Editor for SE and LE allow you to open, see/import/export/tweak patches offline. I too find it a bit annoying. 

Of course a mobile app with Bluetooth would resolve, but then Pod Go has no bluetooth or Wifi capability. 

Thanks for you comment. 

Unfortunately I have no laptop but a well equipped pc in my office.

I don’t see to buy a laptop just to compensate missing features of just 1 software I use.

I fully am with you regarding Pod Go Edit's use without having a Pod Go plugged in considered as absolutely necessary..

Maybe it’s because the developers couldn’t imagine using Pod Go Edit eg just for a quick checkup of the sound design.

Things are as they always are with Line6 and I fear they would not change in the near future.

17 hours ago, woffles said:

Since it has to be connected to an authorized computer I would think of the Pod Go as a very large dongle.

What do you mean by authorized computer? There’s no authorization requirement to run POD Go Edit.

13 hours ago, phil_m said:

What do you mean by authorized computer? There’s no authorization requirement to run POD Go Edit.

I believe you are allowed to run the software on 5 computers?  If you want to check for updates you have to log in to do so.  Whatever the number is those computers have to be authorized to run the software.  It’s part of the install.  

As far as I know only L6 products directly used with a computer must be linked to an authorized computer.

Eg my Toneport UX1 is listed with my computers in "authorized device" in my account while my Pod Go is considered as a "registered product".

In case I did everything right during the installation and registration process ...

3 hours ago, woffles said:

I believe you are allowed to run the software on 5 computers?  If you want to check for updates you have to log in to do so.  Whatever the number is those computers have to be authorized to run the software.  It’s part of the install.  

There’s no such limit with POD Go Edit. You can install it on as many machines as you want. You do have to sign in the check for update, but your POD Go doesn’t technically even have to be registered in order for you to update it. The sign in process is really there to authorize any purchases made from the Marketplace.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:16 AM, silverhead said:

It isn’t there because it makes no sense when you’re dealing with a static memory space. The device has a fixed space of internal memory for a fixed number of presets. There are always exactly that many presets stored in memory so conceptually you can’t ‘delete’ one; it’s memory space remains.

What you can do is overwrite that preset space with a different preset definition that you consider to be an ‘empty’ preset. The New Preset that appears in the factory presets is an example of an empty preset.

3 hours ago, phil_m said:

There’s no such limit with POD Go Edit. You can install it on as many machines as you want. You do have to sign in the check for update, but your POD Go doesn’t technically even have to be registered in order for you to update it. The sign in process is really there to authorize any purchases made from the Marketplace.

I think what the limit is then is that you have a limited number of computers you can download purchased licensed stuff from the Marketplace.  I remember reading a limit on authorized computers for something while installing.  I would agree you can run on as many as you want but I believe the licensed stuff is limited to 5 authorized computers.  You can just unauthorize one and add another if you need it on a different one I believe as well.