Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Effects with Garageband

bflophil

Is it possible  to use HX effects with Garageband?   Currently I have been using an IRIG 2 setup with my iMac desktop and now I would like to add HX Effects to the mix if it is any way possible?  I have been searching for information to no avail online and I was wondering if this is possible with Helix Native or some other SW solution that i do not know about.

Thank You

Felix Olow

On 9/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, bflophil said:

Is it possible  to use HX effects with Garageband?   Currently I have been using an IRIG 2 setup with my iMac desktop and now I would like to add HX Effects to the mix if it is any way possible?  I have been searching for information to no avail online and I was wondering if this is possible with Helix Native or some other SW solution that i do not know about.

Thank You

Felix Olow

Hi Felix,

I am slightly confused by your question, “Is it possible  to use HX effects with Garageband?

If you are referring to “HX Effects”, the hardware unit - that particular piece of kit is not designed to act as a USB audio device in the way  the HX Stomp does. You can discover this by reading through the user manuals for each, which have diagrams of various setups. Only the Stomp shows connecting to a computer as a USB interface. Although, theoretically you could use the HX Effect hardware to process your audio into a third party mixer/interface to record on your Mac. Also, bear in mind that the HX Stomp unit additionally contains all the amp and cab model and has the ability to load IR cab profiles.

Later in your post you do mention HX Native, which a software and designed specifically to work as a VST/Audio Units plug in. It works in most DAWs available, including GarageBand. It has the same functionality as the full blown Helix Floor or Rack units - every amp, cab, and effect and possibly more, depending on your computers “muscle”.

Download the HX Native Trial version - fully functional for 15 days.

Check here for how to find HX Native when installed in GarageBand on your Mac. Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1