Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

pod hd500x in to a vox

Tsenienko_131313

hello guys, i ve got a question about which is the right way to connect a pod hd500x in to an amp, when you use it only as a modulation effect.

i have a vox ac30 ,some stompboxes and the pod. i dont need any amp simulation or drive pedals from pod.

i ve got my clean sound from vox and my drive sound from the vox again. ( i ve done a mode).

my stomp box order is guitar-wah-drives..-boost-delay-reverb and the mode switch that goes in to the normal and the top boost channel.

i tried two or three different ways to connect...i put the pod in to guitar in, last in my effect order.then i put it in fx loop...

my sound its not the same. i think its compressed and not as rich as it was without the pod.

probably its a matter of right connection or right pod set up.

can you help me please. thanx , sorry for my english.

First of all I recommend putting modulation (POD in this case) before time based effects (delay, reverb).

As for the sound that with the POD inserted in the chain is no longer the same as before, I guess you are referring to the sound when the POD is bypassed (modulation off), if this is the case I suggest setting the impedance parameter of the patch in use to 1 or 3.5 megaohms instead of AUTO (you can find the impedance parameter between the input settings), this should solve the problem and make the bypassed signal totally transparent/unaffected.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

5 hours ago, Tsenienko_131313 said:

which is the right way to connect

the right way is the way that gets you the tone you are looking for. anything else is just something to try, not an actual answer. 

i dont need any amp simulation or drive pedals from pod.

then you really had no reason to buy the pod. 

my sound its not the same. i think its compressed and not as rich as it was without the pod.

probably its a matter of right connection or right pod set up.

correct. there are settings that may need put in place. 

20 hours ago, hurghanico said:

First of all I recommend putting modulation (POD in this case) before time based effects (delay, reverb).

As for the sound that with the POD inserted in the chain is no longer the same as before, I guess you are referring to the sound when the POD is bypassed (modulation off), if this is the case I suggest setting the impedance parameter of the patch in use to 1 or 3.5 megaohms instead of AUTO (you can find the impedance parameter between the input settings), this should solve the problem and make the bypassed signal totally transparent/unaffected.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

thanks, the pod is before delay, reverb of course.i will try your suggestion.