Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Canthave 2 delays in one preset

labalou

That only happens when you've reached your DSP (Digital Signal Processing) limit and there isn't enough DSP 'space' available to hold those two delays in addition to your other blocks, including your amp which, although a 'fixed' block, it shares the remaining DSP.  Think of your DSP allowance as a container with a lid that can only hold 1 litre.  The amp models & FX all take up different amounts of space in your container.   

Have a look at the Helix DSP chart at Benvesco.com  (see link below) to see how much DSP your favoured delay and amp and other fx are using. As an example of  high DSP usage models, the Marshall® Super Lead 100 (jumped) amp uses up 40.83% of your DSP container whereas the normal channel Super Lead 100 is only 34.88% and the preamp version of the jumped Superlead 100 is only 25.52% (pre-amp versions are essentially the same but just have fewer parameters for you to tweak) The highest DSP reverb is a spring reverb that uses up 36.03% whereas a room, plate, hall, tile, cave, chamber or echo reverb use only 13.61%. The highest DSP  delay is the multitap 6Line 6 Original that would use up 28.07% whereas a simple delay uses only 7.6% of DSP. 

Your other fixed blocks of EQ, volume, wah, and stock cab (IR's use up an extra 3.2% of DSP) are all allowed for and their DSP is 'reserved' so these don't affect your remaining DSP ie these don't take up space in your 1 litre container allowance - think of these as being kept in a small side container that you can't alter - so if you don't use an EQ you can't release its DSP allowance - but in this small container there's very little DSP in there anyway. Hence in the chart, these are all shown as 0% DSP in Pod Go). 

So, if you've reached a DSP limit, try using less DSP hungry options to free up DSP.   See the chart (look for the Pod Go column on the right) here: https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

1 hour ago, labalou said:

thanx Vox man,the strange thing is that it worked once,i progamed a reverse delay in switch 1 and a normal  delay in switch 4 and now i cant do it anymore

well it depends if the other blocks stayed the same or if you changed something that messed with the dsp budget.

but I suspect it's not a dsp thing but maybe a footswitch assignment problem. if you set two simple delays does it work?

it would be worth maybe to disable in global settings the fs auto assign, so you do the fw assign manually. be sure not to steal the bypass fw assignment from another block.

1 hour ago, labalou said:

yes i disabled the fs auto assign but same thing

ok so im trying to have a reverse delay and a normal delay in 2 different switches,is it possible?

yes it's possibile. first set two different blocks, one with a reverse delay and another with a simple delay. then, in edit view select the first delay block and (you must be in stomp mode) press and hold the switch you want to assign. hit OK to the menu that will appear. do the same for the second delay (hit another footswitch of course).

20 minutes ago, labalou said:

ah ok, but as i said i set a normal delay on one switch and a reverse on another one,and when i push the button to assign the reverse one it turns off the normal delay and that block dissapears

They're just set up to toggle opposite one another. To get them to toggle on and off together, navigate over to one of them and push down on the top knob on the menu cluster to toggle that one's bypass state.

May I ask the experts here a newbie question? It might be related to the 2-delay challenge in OP. I am brand new to the Pod Go, and just learning to program it. A looper is important to me, but all the loopers are grayed-out in the Edit software, even when I disable all the other effects (I just turned them off, not remove them, so maybe they are still using DSP?) Any tips? Many thanks - 

2 hours ago, rrichamoeba said:

May I ask the experts here a newbie question? It might be related to the 2-delay challenge in OP. I am brand new to the Pod Go, and just learning to program it. A looper is important to me, but all the loopers are grayed-out in the Edit software, even when I disable all the other effects (I just turned them off, not remove them, so maybe they are still using DSP?) Any tips? Many thanks - 

In order to release DSP for the looper you have to physically remove at least one (possibly more) of the effects in your 4 user blocks to create room for the looper, which will take up one of your 4 user blocks. So if you have any patch where all 4 user blocks are already allocated, you will have to delete one block so that you can add your looper.  Turning blocks off has no impact on DSP allocation, it simply means they are not active in the patch until you switch them on, but the effect is still there and so is still taking up its allocated DSP.  

Re the looper, be sure to read the manual re your options (stereo/mono, single or 6 button operation etc) and functionality.  The Pod Go looper has certain limitations not just re its short recording time but also functionality ie ability to use different patches - you can't switch tones from one patch to another whilst using the looper unless that patch is set with a looper in one of its user blocks, and the looper is set in exactly the same format for each patch eg mono, single switch etc. The looper is fine for more basic applications but if you are a serious 'looper' you might be best to consider using an external looper with Pod Go for easier and more comprehensive operation that will let you switch between any patches, and to also release that 'block' in your Pod Go so that you can use (up to) all 4 for other effects.  

Thank you, voxman55, for offering help. I wonder if I am missing something even more fundamental here than simple DSP usage. I am aware of how the loops won't carry over between set-ups. I have removed all the effects other than the loop as a test, and the looper still does not even offer an "on button" and it is greyed out. I attached a screen shot of the editor. Even the amp model is turned off. Note that the Looper is early, and grayed out, and there isn't an "on" button next to the X. Puzzled.

(...PS I have been using loopers since tape loops in the late 70s, to the EH16S, various Jam-Man, Looperlative, Boss and I still have three Line 6 Echo Pros...I would love to be able to tour with just the Pod Go for my lap steel guitar.) 

PodLoop.jpg

24 minutes ago, rrichamoeba said:

Thank you, voxman55, for offering help. I wonder if I am missing something even more fundamental here than simple DSP usage. I am aware of how the loops won't carry over between set-ups. I have removed all the effects other than the loop as a test, and the looper still does not even offer an "on button" and it is greyed out. I attached a screen shot of the editor. Even the amp model is turned off. Note that the Looper is early, and grayed out, and there isn't an "on" button next to the X. Puzzled.

(...PS I have been using loopers since tape loops in the late 70s, to the EH16S, various Jam-Man, Looperlative, Boss and I still have three Line 6 Echo Pros...I would love to be able to tour with just the Pod Go for my lap steel guitar.) 

PodLoop.jpg

There is no on/off control for the looper in POD Go Edit. You can only control it from the hardware itself (or with the MIDI commands and MIDI over USB controller).