Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Yamaha

m-epifani

Yamaha is a very smart and high integrity company, from my experience. Their products are at least as good as line 6. They make excellent musical instruments, from saxophones to guitars to pianos, quality mixers, and pa gear.

Yammy bought Steinberg, the makers of Cubase a few years back, and they have only added value to the product line. I've used Cubase for 25 years, so I have experienced their whole run.

I couldn't be happier that yamaha bought line 6.

Yamaha is a very smart and high integrity company, from my experience. Their products are at least as good as line 6. They make excellent musical instruments, from saxophones to guitars to pianos, quality mixers, and pa gear.

Yammy bought Steinberg, the makers of Cubase a few years back, and they have only added value to the product line. I've used Cubase for 25 years, so I have experienced their whole run.

I couldn't be happier that yamaha bought line 6.

Perhaps in some product areas. I bought a dtx multi 12 drum pad and feel totally burned. It's painfully obvious that yamaha felt they needed to have an entry in the drum pad market too, so they threw together a midi chip, a few bits of a sampler and stuck horrible rubber pads on it. There's no attempt at actually building an instrument or something useable/playable. It's pathetic and so bad that it's downright insulting and disrespectful to sell such junk. Yamaha will never get another cent from me, and I'll vent my rage at every chance in case it helps someone else avoid buying such crap. Hope that illustrates my feelings on yamaha.

yamaha got into the Pro Audio business when project studios started using ns10s to check mixes on a consumer speaker. It  was picked up by home studios but somewhere along the way the purpose of having them got lost and they were used to mix actual mixes on rather then used to check a mix for consumer speaker comparability.

They had a musical instrument line as well as mainly consumer electronics as I remember.

I think they are a stable corporation