Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD Go for acoustic guitar

magikarf

My POD Go just arrived last week and it works well for my ibanez s series with only 2 cables connected(5.5 for electric guitar + USB hub for PC directly).

When I connect acoustic guitar, I hear nothing through my monitor speakers even exactly same way for electric guitar.

Question is, electric guitar : works, acoustic guitar : doesn't work.

Thanks!

if you are using the exact same preset for both electric and acoustic, you might want to tweak the levels. Has your acoustic a piezo system or something onboard? If you crank up the volumes do you hear something? The pod go tuner is working with the acoustic guitar?

15 hours ago, cristt said:

if you are using the exact same preset for both electric and acoustic, you might want to tweak the levels. Has your acoustic a piezo system or something onboard? If you crank up the volumes do you hear something? The pod go tuner is working with the acoustic guitar?

LR baggs pick up built-in (I guess it's a kind of Piezo)

Nope. hear nothing

Yeah. it works

So it's a bare pickup with no onboard pre-amp right? If you can't hear but the tuner works, it means that the signal is coming to the pod go but you have to build a suitable preset for your acoustic instrument. First off if you enabled the pad on the input block for whatever reason, disable it.

Then don't use cab or IR's (unless it's an acoustic IR).

Then as for the amp block use a pre-amp block. You should hear something actually, probably you'll have to crank volumes really high (try also engaging the EQ first on the chain, with high volume level), but should work.

• Thanks 1