Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects clipping/overload

macleir

Question please:     I've been using a Fractal AX8 for about 3 years but have gone back to my HX Effects.   Fractal requires FAR too much tweaking, got frustrated and am now enjoying my HX again.  Great tones/presets with alot less stress.         My question is, on my Fractal, the floorboard had a red clipping meter which was very helpful.  Obviously when clipping occurred, some changes needed to be made to reduce or stop clipping.         Does my HX Effects have a clipping or overload warning if my preset not where it should be?   If so, how do I find it?       Appreciate your input.

6 hours ago, macleir said:

Does my HX Effects have a clipping or overload warning

Short answer - no.

Firmware 2.90 notes.

Signal Present/Clip Indicators (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Stomp)

To ease your concern see the reply from “phil_m” in this old post about this subject:

Hey! I just realised you are that young whippersnapper that told us you were scared of high tech and updates!

Now you’re proclaiming you have been a Fractal AX8 user for years.
Right!

Kinnel.

33 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Short answer - no.

Firmware 2.90 notes.

Signal Present/Clip Indicators (Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, HX Stomp)

To ease your concern see the reply from “phil_m” in this old post about this subject:

Hey! I just realised you are that young whippersnapper that told us you were scared of high tech and updates!

Right!

Kinnel.

33 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Short answer - no.

Firmware 2.90 notes.

34 minutes ago, datacommando said:

That is correct.  My son is age 30, shredder playing since age of 12.   He bought the AXE III which is insanely complicated but he's got that thing hummin, sounds incredible and encouraged me to jump in and that he would help me.   right................  didn't quite work that way.   I bought the AX8, he's helped me probably 3 hours in 3 years so I've really struggled tryin to figure the darn thing out.  I give up.   Was playing the HX effects before Fractal and it's quite a bit more user friendly.   Still quite a learning curve but nothing like a Fractal, so I went back to it.   I'd rather play my guitar that tweak a fractal.    I've got some killer pedals so never say never on a small pedalboard either but the HX I think will do the trick.  Enjoying it.     Proud to have given the fractal world a shot.   It ain't for sissies.  

Short answer - no.

Firmware 2.90 notes.

Right!

Kinnel.

Right!

Kinnel.

4 hours ago, C4TH said:

Do you mean Helix or HX effects? I believe the Helix does now have a clipping meter. It was added after the last update, I think.

The HX Effects doesn't have that meter.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, macleir said:

Still quite a learning curve

Yep, it sure is, but are you happier now that you have found it would be quite difficult to clip you HXFX box after reading Phil’s comments in that link I posted?

Mmm... hope you don’t think we are all sissies in here, young man?

Edited by datacommando
Fun

6 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Yep, it sure is, but are you happier now that you have found it would be quite difficult to clip you HXFX box after reading Phil’s comments?

Yep, not worrying about clipping is nice cuz it’s a huge issue on fractal with all the IR/amp combinations.   Just keepin it simple, havin fun.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hatman777 said:

Ahh That Barely Noticeable Geen Hue  Ohh  OK thanks for the Info  :)

Hey, lots of users asked for a visual indication of clipping and that’s what they got, probably due to the limited amount of space on that display screen.

Now, if you regard that as “barely noticeable”, then maybe your ears will let you know when clipping occurs.

Clipping is not a pleasant noise!

;-)

• Thanks 1