Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Delay

ProfezzorX007

I appreciate you're a newbie but I strongly urge you to read the manual.  Whilst a lot in Pod Go is very intuitive, it's not entirely 'plug n play' and the manual is very helpful.  

P9  & of the manual - in edit view for the delay just press the knob far left under 'Time' and it will toggle between millisecond and note divisions: 

image.thumb.png.45937f65e3ef74ffd78ac003744a6cc6.png

image.png

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Jharrismsu said:

What if I want to set it to 440ms and dotted 8th at the same time?  (U2 Bad).  Once I go to dotted 8th, I lose ability to set time?????  Do I have to tap it in?

Yes. Well, either tap the BPM or set it manually in the Global Settings menu. You tap quarter notes for the BPM you want, and if you have dotted eighth notes selected, the delay will be set accordingly for you.

If the millisecond value of a dotted eighth note

day is 440ms, that means the tempo you’d need to tap in is about 102 BPM.

On 11/21/2021 at 1:44 PM, Jharrismsu said:

What if I want to set it to 440ms and dotted 8th at the same time?  (U2 Bad).  Once I go to dotted 8th, I lose ability to set time?????  Do I have to tap it in?

If you are using eg a stereo or ping pong delay etc that gives you both Left & Right delay settings, you can set different delay time values.  If you are using a mono delay you can only use one delay time value - you can set it using ms or tempo but you can't have both at the same time.  You could select two delay blocks in your patch of course, one set at ms the other at tempo.    

Thanks for the help!   Tapping it in like the first suggestion didn't work for me, so I'll try this and report back.  I have a Boss DD-20 that makes it very simple to dial in 440ms and add a dotted eighth.  I'm surprised for all the capability of the Pod Go, I can't do something relatively simple like this.  Thanks again!

42 minutes ago, Jharrismsu said:

Thanks for the help!   Tapping it in like the first suggestion didn't work for me, so I'll try this and report back.  I have a Boss DD-20 that makes it very simple to dial in 440ms and add a dotted eighth.  I'm surprised for all the capability of the Pod Go, I can't do something relatively simple like this.  Thanks again!

So are you saying you want to have two delays? You can actually use multiple delay blocks if you want. Or you can use the Scale parameter in the delay block. The Scale parameter introduces a secondary that’s scaled off the time of the first one. So if you have the first delay set for quarter notes, setting the scale to 75 will give you a secondary dotted eighth delay.

Thank you!   Now I'm getting close.  You guys understand this stuff much better than I do, so I didn't know I wanted two delays, but that got me really close.  Basically, what I'm trying to to is create the Live Aid version of U2 Bad.   All I know is that I need 437ms, dotted eighth, and one repeat, and the repeat has to be as loud as the original note (that's how I got there with my Boss DD20).  I've been playing with Pod Go delay settings for 3 hours, and I'm really close by using the dual delay.  I discovered I need to set the left mix at about 60% and the right mix at 10%.  I have no idea what that means, but for some reason it makes it sound right.  Close.   I bought a U2 Bad patch, and it was horrible, so I figured I would try to do this myself.  You got me much closer than the guy selling patches!  If one of you can create this patch and make it sound like U2 at Live Aid, I'm a buyer!   Thank you for your help.