Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX STOMP NO DEVICE CONECTED

Charles7295

That's not a lot to go on.

Perform a Factory Reset on the Stomp. Link below

Make sure that the stomp is connected to a MB USB connector, not a hub. If you're using a desktop PC, that should be the connectors in the back (don't know about MAC).

If you're on a laptop any connector will do, but preferably USB 2.0 in either case.

If still no joy, uninstall all your Helix SW (HXEdit and HX Update). Then reinstall HXEdit v2.92.

FOLLOW ALL OF THE DIRECTIONS! TO THE LETTER!

The FW update (if you haven't done it already) is now done from HXEdit.

You MUST have matching FW and HXEdit versions!

#HXSTOMP Hello, how are you? It happened that a few days ago I made a mistake because of the rush, I was going to update my Hx stomp, but first I updated the HX UPDATE ... I had the HX STOMP connected and since I disconnected it and instead of disconnecting the HX STOMP I disconnected the printer, now my PC does not detect my HX STOMP Does anyone know if there will be a solution? Or know how to solve

3 hours ago, Charles7295 said:

Does anyone know if there will be a solution? Or know how to solve

In the post above from “rd2rk”, he has answered the question and given you the solution to the issue. It should be very clear.

Note: When performing an update to the firmware YOU MUST READ AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY. 

IMPORTANT! Carefully read and follow the update instructions below. If you don't—and then run to the forums asking why it's not working—the interwebs will make fun of you.

If you don’t do this then the only person to blame is you.

4 hours ago, Charles7295 said:

Does anyone know if there will be a solution? Or know how to solve

I have just seen your other post in the HX Stomp FAQ section and realise that English is not your first language - here are the installation notes translated via GOOGLE:

PASO 1: Actualización de HX Edit a 2.92 (suponiendo que aún no lo haya hecho)

Inicie sesión en line6.com, descargue e instale HX Edit 2.90:
macOS: https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=9732
Windows 7/8/10: https://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=9731

PASO 2: Actualización del firmware Helix / HX a 2.92

Si tiene Helix Rack / Control, apague Helix Control. Además, apague todo el software de Line 6 o cualquier programa que use audio, como DAW, iTunes, Spotify, videojuegos, etc.
Conecte su dispositivo Helix / HX a una Mac o PC a través de USB (no utilice ningún tipo de concentrador USB, que puede incluir los puertos USB frontales en las torres) y enciéndalo.
Inicie la nueva versión de HX Edit 2.92 que instaló en el paso 1 anterior. Si no ha iniciado sesión, haga clic en "Buscar actualizaciones" en la esquina inferior derecha e inicie sesión. Si ya inició sesión, aparece un panel de diálogo que indica que hay una actualización disponible.
Haga clic en "Actualizar ahora". Aparece una ventana que le pide que haga una copia de seguridad de su hardware Helix / HX. Haga clic en Aceptar, opcionalmente cambie el nombre de la copia de seguridad y / o elija una carpeta de destino diferente, y luego haga clic en "Crear copia de seguridad". ¡IMPORTANTE! Anote la ubicación donde guardó la copia de seguridad.
Continúe siguiendo las indicaciones. Una vez actualizado, la ventana dice "Actualización completa" y su hardware Helix / HX comienza a reconstruir sus ajustes preestablecidos; espere a que se complete y haga clic en "Volver a HX Edit".
En el menú desplegable Archivo, haga clic en "Restaurar desde la copia de seguridad ...". Aparece un cuadro de diálogo. Haga clic en "Restaurar copia de seguridad" y luego en "Sí".
Una vez finalizada la restauración, apague su producto Helix / HX y vuelva a encenderlo.
Si tiene Helix Control conectado a Helix Rack, encienda Helix Control. Helix Rack dice "Helix Control debe actualizarse para que funcione correctamente". Presione la Perilla 6 (OK).

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Espero que esto te ayude y tenga sentido.

5 hours ago, Charles7295 said:

It still does not work, windows does not recognize that I connect the pedal

Hi Charles,

Let’s try this.

First, turn on the power to your HX Stomp while pressing and holding down the "Page >" button while powering up will put the HX Stomp into update mode. This update mode is helpful if the update is interrupted, and the HX Stomp will not boot properly.

O.K. go to the "DOWNLOADS" menu at the top of this page and from  "-ALL HARDWARE-" select HX STOMP, then leave the "-ALL SOFTWARE-" as is, now select your PC Operating System from under the "-ALL OS-" tab. From the next page you can select the Firmware 2.92 Flash Memory for your HX Stomp, then below that you will need the HX Edit 2.92. Now scroll further down the page a get the Line 6 Updater version 1.9. Download all these bits to your PC. Install HX Edit (including the required drivers) and if you have made any presets that you wish to keep then they need to be backed up using HX Edit before updating the Firmware. If everything if fine then proceed to next step. Ensure that HX Edit is closed and that you have your HX Stomp connected to your PC by USB cable (do not use a hub) and launch the Updater Utility and select "Offline Mode". Your HX Stomp and current firmware version should show in the window, click on the dark green coloured band and you should now have the option to select a  local file - point it at the Flash Memory file that you down loaded  previously and let it get on with the update.

Hope this helps/makes sense

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

Hola charles

Intentemos esto.

Primero, encienda el HX Stomp mientras mantiene presionado el botón "Page>" mientras se enciende, el HX Stomp entrará en modo de actualización. Este modo de actualización es útil si se interrumpe la actualización y el HX Stomp no arranca correctamente.

OKAY. vaya al menú "DESCARGAS" en la parte superior de esta página y desde "-TODO EL HARDWARE-" seleccione HX STOMP, luego deje "-TODO EL SOFTWARE-" como está, ahora seleccione el sistema operativo de su PC debajo de "-TODO EL SO - pestaña ". En la página siguiente, puede seleccionar la memoria Flash del firmware 2.92 para su HX Stomp, luego, debajo de eso, necesitará HX Edit 2.92. Ahora desplácese hacia abajo en la página para obtener la versión 1.9 de Line 6 Updater. Descarga todos estos bits a tu PC. Instale HX Edit (incluidos los controladores necesarios) y, si ha realizado algunos ajustes preestablecidos que desea conservar, deberá realizar una copia de seguridad de ellos mediante HX Edit antes de actualizar el firmware. Si todo está bien, continúe con el siguiente paso. Asegúrese de que HX Edit esté cerrado y que tenga su HX Stomp conectado a su PC mediante un cable USB (no use un concentrador), inicie la utilidad Updater y seleccione "Offline Mode". Su HX Stomp y la versión actual del firmware deberían aparecer en la ventana, haga clic en la banda de color verde oscuro y ahora debería tener la opción de seleccionar un archivo local: apúntelo al archivo de memoria flash que descargó anteriormente y déjelo encendido con la actualización.

Espero que esto ayude / tenga sentido

• 5 months later...
On 10/1/2020 at 1:23 PM, Charles7295 said:

No me deja ni entrar a modo de actualización al precionar Page >, ya restaure de fabrica, cambie cables pero nada

It does not even let me enter the update mode when pressing Page >, I already restored the factory, change cables but nothing

hello, were you able to solve your problem?

the same thing happened to me

10 hours ago, juanpablo27 said:

hello, were you able to solve your problem?

the same thing happened to me

Hi,

Did you try to fix it by using the suggestion that I posted about re-installing the Firmware, or are you stuck because cannot get the hardware to boot into update mode?

If you cannot get it to boot, then you may need to raise a ticket with Customer Support.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
El 3/18/2021 a las 6:19 PM, juanpablo27 Dijo:

Hola, ¿pudiste resolver tu problema?

lo mismo me pasó a mí

Hello, no, I could not, I did everything they told me and I could not, I have to send to fix it, I bought it in USA, but I'm living in Mexico, and not being valid warranty is a lot of money to repair it, I am very dissatisfied with Line 6.

Hola, no, no pude, hice todo lo que me dijeron y no pude, tengo que mandar a solucionarlo, yo lo compre en USA, pero estoy viviendo en México, y al no ser valida la garantía es mucho dinero para poder repararlo, estoy muy insatisfecho con Line 6