Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem With Input - Hd500x

enlinea

Hello to everyone.

I connect the guitar to the Guitar In and doesn´t work.

Apparently HD500X is OK but does not get the sound from the guitar.

Volume and Master up and nothing.

I actívate the tuner and the screen is clean, play a string and doesn´t no appear on the screen.

OK: guitar, amp and cables but Guitar Input and Aux In don´t work.

I have reset the unit and the problema persists.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Look at the System View settings.

What do you have INPUT 1 and INPUT 2 set to?

If you want to hear the signal from an instrument connected to GUITAR input, then ensure INPUT 1 is set to GUITAR.

Leave INPUT 2 set to SAME for now, until you get familiar with the unit and understand how to use INPUT 2.

Thanks edstar1960.

Setup - Inputs:

INPUT 1 SOURCE: Guitar In-Z:3

guitar+aux+variax   1M

INPUT 2 SOURCE: Inputs Setup: 4

What is your INPUT 2 set to?   It will be underneath the "INPUT 2 SOURCE:"

Are you using a new patch or a default factory loaded patch?

Is the expression pedal in the heel position or full toe down?   (IT may be that the expression pedal is controlling the volume and if it is heel down, volume may be at zero for the patch).

Is the guitar lead you are using OK?   And have you got guitar volume turned up to max?

• Upvote 1

INPUT 2 SOURCE: Input Setup:4

SAME

The patch loaded is a default Factory. I´ve tried several.

Expression pedal up/down, no sound.

The rest of gear is well, I´ve tried with M9. Cables, guitar volume and amp.

I activate the tuner and play a string and no note on screen, anything.

So everything was working fine a few days ago?

Try contact cleaner on the input jack and if that doesn't fix it then contact Line 6 support and open a ticket.   You will probably need to send it in for repair.   If it is very new, you may be able to contact your seller and get them to send youa new replacement instead.

• Upvote 1

Test this exactly:

- connect your guitar to Guitar In (using guitar and cable you have already verified to be working).

- set preset Input 1 to include Guitar.

- engage the Tuner.

If you don't see the tuner responding to your guitar signal then your HD500x has a hardware problem at the input. It needs servicing.

• Upvote 1

Just thinking... If expression pedal loses its calibration for some reason, does it go 100% or 0?

Would come in handy if we know what is the last thing you did with HD before that startup when you noticed it didn't work. Anyways. I can't know, what you've already tested, so i may be just heating the house by chatting here.

I'd start by pulling every plug out. Then Power cable in. After that the guitar. Amp cable of headphones would be helpful also.

No sound?

Move them switches next to expression pedal few times (to make sure they are not left in between. Not sure if they can but just in case)

Step on expression pedal so it switches from 2 -->1 (or the other way around)

No sound?

Recalibrate expression pedal (just in case)

No sound?

Connect to a puter and re-install everything to it (if i remember it corrctly, needs pedal calibraton after that)

No sound?

Yell: "MEDIIIIC!" (carry it to a repairsman)

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

Just thinking... If expression pedal loses its calibration for some reason, does it go 100% or 0?

Would come in handy if we know what is the last thing you did with HD before that startup when you noticed it didn't work. Anyways. I can't know, what you've already tested, so i may be just heating the house by chatting here.

I'd start by pulling every plug out. Then Power cable in. After that the guitar. Amp cable of headphones would be helpful also.

No sound?

Move them switches next to expression pedal few times (to make sure they are not left in between. Not sure if they can but just in case)

Step on expression pedal so it switches from 2 -->1 (or the other way around)

No sound?

Recalibrate expression pedal (just in case)

No sound?

Connect to a puter and re-install everything to it (if i remember it corrctly, needs pedal calibraton after that)

No sound?

Yell: "MEDIIIIC!" (carry it to a repairsman)

if the pedal is uncalibrated it goes to heel position, but if the tuner isn't working it does not matter the pedal.

If the guitar is ok and the cable is ok i guess the pod has something..