Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD GO Tonesuck through my Tweed Amp

HansD

Place the wah in front of Pod Go, ie guitar>wah>Pod Go input. You don't need to engage the wah. If it's a buffered pedal it will work switched off. 

I use a Line 6 G10 Relay wireless system so because that acts as a buffer I don't experience any tone drop. 

On 3/18/2022 at 1:30 AM, voxman55 said:

Place the wah in front of Pod Go, ie guitar>wah>Pod Go input. You don't need to engage the wah. If it's a buffered pedal it will work switched off. 

I use a Line 6 G10 Relay wireless system so because that acts as a buffer I don't experience any tone drop. 

So you mean: 

• Vox Wha power connected
  • Guitar into "instrument" entrance of the Wha
  • cable out from the Wha and going into "Guitar in" of the PodGo

I tried this but no sound coming out :(

On 3/18/2022 at 9:22 AM, tribal123 said:

So you mean: 

• Vox Wha power connected
  • Guitar into "instrument" entrance of the Wha
  • cable out from the Wha and going into "Guitar in" of the PodGo

I tried this but no sound coming out :(

Odd. Does the wah work on its own with the same cables? Have you checked the volume dial on Pod Go is turned up? Have you tried different cables? 

On 3/18/2022 at 12:42 PM, voxman55 said:

Odd. Does the wah work on its own with the same cables? Have you checked the volume dial on Pod Go is turned up? Have you tried different cables? 

This afternoon i'll resume my old Fender 15 cab and i'll give a try to the Vox Wah direct into it.. who knows...

Yes, the volume knob on the PodGo is turned up

• 4 weeks later...

OMG bro, I’m having same issue with my Helix floor running 4CM into my Marshall DSL100HR and 4x12 cab. I use fx block(s) ALONE on a preset,and get mad tone suck. Like you said this shouldn’t be. Why would the processor alter the tone. It’s not being totally bypassed I assume. I tried also the levels and such on the send/return block(s) and still same results. This amp kicks lollipop has tons of aggression and balls running guitar straight, but through Helix I get tone suck,and all that is lost.  Thought I might be doing something wrong. Maybe I am. But for you to have same issues I think not. If you figure out a solution please inform me some way. I will do the same. 

I have also measured the input impedance and found it to be around 205K at 1KHz.

Someone posted a clip of the the Pod Go's schematic on one of the facebook Go groups showing a 1nF cap to ground in the input section, which would explain the low impedance and tone suck. The person also showed pics of the board showing where the offending cap was (C126 if memory serves).

Unfortunately, the post was deleted shortly after it was posted. Of course, it could have been a fake, but it looked legit to me.

Two people on the gear page have opened support tickets because of this issue, The first person says Line 6 "repaired" their unit but they have no way of measuring the input impedance, so they don't know what line 6 did. The other person was told to pound sand.

This can't be fixed with a firmware update. My fear is that Line 6 will band-aid a fix in the form of adding a hidden compensating curve in the output EQ to digitally boost the attenuated high frequencies.

I really wish Line 6 would address this issue.

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 11:24 PM, hellsp said:

Hey guys, I upgraded my pod go to the latest firmware version 1.4, and feel the sound is better than before, more dynamic and quality. Does anyone have same feeling about this  firmware?

see here! 

https://line6.com/support/topic/64437-podgo-140-update-changed-all-my-tones-much-brighter-and-grittier/