Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X Edit - "Could not detect a POD HD500X connected to your computer". Still no solution in 2020??

SmooBG

Hi Friends,

I just upgraded to a 27' iMac (Catalina OS).  I have read all of the other suggestions to get this working, but none of them have worked.  I can see the 'Line 6 Audio MIDI Devices' at the bottom of the window in the system preferences, but when I click it, a new window opens that says, "Line 6 Device: No devices connected.". 

I have also gone to 'Security & Privacy > Privacy' in the system preferences, but there are no Line 6 devices that show up there.  Is Line 6 still working on a way for this to work on newer Macs/Catalina?

image.thumb.png.efecf7226ed577bd7b49ac924ff69e21.png

Thanks,

Brad

Just bought the POD HD Pro X rack mount and having the exact same problems. My MacBook is running Catalina 10.15.7. I saw the "Don't upgrade to Big Sur!!" announcement  but I thought Catalina wouldn't be a problem. Not being able to use the POD PRO edit is a real pain, so would be grateful if anyone has a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

SOLVED!  Line6 Support worked with me for a while to figure this out.  After performing a fresh install of 'Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.6.8', and restarting my Mac (which is required), I immediately went to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Click the lock to make changes.  Click the 'Allow' button next to "Some system software was blocked from loading", and then select the Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver.  You only have a few min. after restarting your system to do this before it goes away.  This is a huge relief to have this fixed!  I hope this helps someone else.

image.thumb.png.19ad1c7aafd57619fc6127679bdb2e5c.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 23:28, SmooBG said:

Hola amigos,

Acabo de actualizarme a un iMac de 27 '(Catalina OS). He leído todas las otras sugerencias para que esto funcione, pero ninguna ha funcionado. Puedo ver los 'Dispositivos de audio MIDI de Line 6' en la parte inferior de la ventana en las preferencias del sistema, pero cuando hago clic en él, se abre una nueva ventana que dice, "Dispositivo de Line 6: No hay dispositivos conectados". 

También he ido a 'Seguridad y privacidad> Privacidad' en las preferencias del sistema, pero no hay dispositivos de Line 6 que aparezcan allí. ¿Line 6 sigue trabajando para que esto funcione en Mac / Catalina más nuevas?

image.thumb.png.efecf7226ed577bd7b49ac924ff69e21.png

Gracias,

Puntilla

HOLA! YO TENGO ESTE SISTEMA OPERATIVO; HAY Y NO PUEDO VER EL EDITOR DE LA POD HD500X; HAY ALGUNA SOLUCIÓN?

GRACIAS!

442664601_Capturadepantalla2020-10-29alas18_06_15.png.a79e97da89d6e0f196c32650f081fd7d.png

• 10 months later...
20 hours ago, felipegssantos said:

Almost an year later, thank you for sharing this solution! I just bought a POD HD500 and ran into the same problem on Big Sur. Your solution worked beautifully.

Glad it worked for you, felipegssantos!  This is what this forum is all about!

• 5 months later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, SmooBG said:

SOLVED!  Line6 Support worked with me for a while to figure this out.  After performing a fresh install of 'Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver 7.6.8', and restarting my Mac (which is required), I immediately went to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Click the lock to make changes.  Click the 'Allow' button next to "Some system software was blocked from loading", and then select the Line 6 Audio-Midi Driver.  You only have a few min. after restarting your system to do this before it goes away.  This is a huge relief to have this fixed!  I hope this helps someone else.

image.thumb.png.19ad1c7aafd57619fc6127679bdb2e5c.png

Thanks, this worked for me using macOS 12 Monterey!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:29 PM, SmooBG said:

file

On 2/27/2022 at 10:08 PM, offerni said:

Thanks, this worked for me using macOS 12 Monterey!

this also worked for Big Sur

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issue on Sonoma 14.0, I do find the window in the settings, however allowing the line6 drivers does not work and the Line 6 Midi Audio Devices Setting Extension does also not seem to work properly and looks like this: 

Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 16.22.44.png