Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects ABY Box

natancampos

Hi there,

I'm new to the HX Effects and I have an amp with 2 independent channels (/13 FTR37).

I'd like to create an ABY box at the end of the signal flow so that I could toggle between channels or combine both.

I started messing with creating a parallel path with a random effect to create a split A/B block, then I was able to assign a footswitch as a controller for A/B (FS5).

Things start getting complicated for me when I try to assign another footswitch for the Y function, since it is not possible to assign multiple controllers for the same parameter. I'm thinking about assigning FS6 to turn the A/B block on/off, so that when it is off, it passes the signal to both paths. Would that work?

Also, regarding the outputs, I have the mixer setting the B path output to Send12, so it doesnt blend the paths.

Is there anyway to accomplish what I am trying to do in a more elegant way, not losing the FX Loops outs, just using regular outputs L+R to do this?

Interesting. OK, I think you have part of the idea worked out: You have a stereo out from the HX Effects, two 1/4"... technically "Y" at default (it is Y if no stereo effects are in play). With any split, you can set the mixer at the end of the chain and pan all right or all left (A or B). So there is all three states with no need to involve the effect loops. The trick is "one button" A/B/Y. The two options I can think of is making the mixer controls controllable by Snapshots and set each output configuration with a separate snapshot, or set the pan to an expression pedal and sweep between a blend of A and B. 

Other ideas, folks? 

I had not thought about the mixer at all lol. Actually a 2 button aby would be better for me and I think you just gave me the perfect idea for it.

I can make FS5 control the Split A/B block (when off it is A+B) and then make FS6 control both "Pan A" and "Pan B" in the mixer to make it the A/B toggle. I'll try this tomorrow and report back.

Thanks!

I got it! You dont need to make controllers for the mixer, just hard pan paths A and B to L and R there.

Make one FS the controller for the "Route to" paramater of the Split A/B block. This will be the A/B toggle.

Then assign another FS to the Split A/B block itself (off will be A+B, on will enable the the A/B toggle).