Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 POD Go not recognized as audio device by Windows

weitzhandler

Hi,

I've installed the "Line 6 Driver2 PodGo v1.95 Installer" driver, following the instructions (device disconnected at installation).

When I connect my device, I can see "Line 6 POD Go" in Device Manager (under Sound, video and game controllers), with an exclamation mark on top of it.

image.png

When I open the device Properties, the Device Status reports the following:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x

image.png

The device does not appear in either the playback nor recording devices in the sound mixer.

image.png

Note: The device does play well with POD Go Edit.

Please advise.

Best regards,
Shimmy

• 1 month later...

I also have this issue, on my ancient desktop PC, which is currently running Windows 10, 32 bit. 

In device manager I can install under Line 6/Pod Go Device but will not install under "Sound, Video and Game controllers"  If I try to install from drivers already on PC, I get a Code 10 error - " this device could not be started" or something.

Will run Pod Go Edit, although the connectin drops out regularly

It installs and works fine, using the same USB cable with my 64 bit Win 10 Notebook but this is not really powerful enough to run Ableton, so I am kind of stuck.

Do I need to be running Win 10 64 bit?

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me when my Windows 10 updated last week...I installed the current driver patch and it came back fine. Make sure you unplug the GO USB from the computer while installing.

To be specific, the driver was working with Windows audio, but the ASIO would not initialize in the reaper and was missing.

15 hours ago, spaceatl said:

To be specific, the driver was working with Windows audio, but the ASIO would not initialize in the reaper and was missing.

You were then facing a different issue. I've also tried those instructions and reinstalled the latest driver, which didn't seem to help. The yellow exclamation still appears on the driver (see my first post).

I've been trying to debug this myself since this is the only thread I can find with this issue.

It seems to be either a newer Windows update driver issue or a corrupted registry value, but I am not sure how to fix it. I found details on the error. I have a ticket submitted, hopefully can get more info, I'll share back if I hear anything.

l6PodGo.jpg

They are at least sort of similar. Support got back with a cop-out answer that they don't support tablet PCs (I don't see that stated anywhere). Also my Scarlett works flawless, so I don't really think it's a good answer. Maybe you can try to submit a ticket? Maybe you will get further since you are on Desktop. I'm going to try to submit a ticket to Microsoft, my last resort.

I made a little bit of progress, still getting errors but they are different now, so maybe will help you @weitzhandler.

Turns out the driver installer installs both L6 USB and the Pod Go drivers, but the uninstaller only uninstalls the Pod Go drivers.

The L6 USB drivers, no matter how many times i installed, were always on the march version instead of june. 

Windows + I -> Add or remove programs -> Uninstall from here both the Line 6 Pod Go and the Line 6 WinUsb driver.

Now I am getting migration issues instead of the previous error, which I am researching now.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for spamming the thread, but want to make sure I keep it up to date with my progress on this.

The uninstaller doesn't work properly, its leaving residual files, here is the file list

flq:                {FILE_QUEUE_COMMIT} 00:14:18.011
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\l6PodGo.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\l6PodGo.sys'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer_x64.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer_x64.dll'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer_x64.dll' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer.dll'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\InterposerPodGoBackend64.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\InterposerPodGoBackend64.dll'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\InterposerPodGoBackend64.dll' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6ConfigPodGo.xml'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\InterposerPodGoBackend.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\InterposerPodGoBackend.dll'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\InterposerPodGoBackend.dll' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\L6ConfigPodGo.xml'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6Driver2PodGoControlPanel.cpl' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6Driver2PodGoControlPanel.cpl'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6Driver2PodGoControlPanel.cpl' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll'.
     idb:                     Last driver package 'l6winusb.inf_amd64_680039b30d9a1455' to copy 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll' needs reconfiguration.
     flq:                     Hardlinking 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_amd64_fee724aa691ec5b0\drmk.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\drmk.sys'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\drmk.sys' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Hardlinking 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_amd64_fee724aa691ec5b0\portcls.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\portcls.sys'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\portcls.sys' remains unchanged.
     flq:                {FILE_QUEUE_COMMIT - exit(0x00000000)} 00:14:18.256

This is after a clean install, so there shouldn't be any "existing file" flags here. I was able to go through and clean these up by hand. I haven't tried to see if this fixes it yet, I have a feeling no because here is the other issue.

dvi:      {Configure Device - USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247&MI_01\8&17ba1cfe&1&0001} 00:14:17.768
     dvi:           Device Status: 0x01802400 [0x12 - 0xc0000493]
     dvi:           Config Flags: 0x00000020
     dvi:           Parent Device: USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247\___3198677
     sto:           {Configure Driver Package: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\l6podgo.inf}
     sto:                Source Filter  = USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247&MI_01
     inf:                Class GUID     = {4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
     inf:                Class Options  = Configurable
     inf:                {Configure Driver: Line 6 POD Go}
     inf:                     Section Name = l6PodGo.NTamd64
     inf:                     {Add Service: l6PodGo}
     inf:                          Start Type    = 3
     inf:                          Service Type  = 1
     inf:                          Error Control = 1
     inf:                          Image Path    = \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\l6PodGo.sys
     inf:                          Display Name  = Service Line 6 POD Go
     inf:                          Group         = Base
     inf:                          Updated service 'l6PodGo'.
     inf:                     {Add Service: exit(0x00000000)}
     inf:                     {Add Service: l6podgo_AvsFilter}
     inf:                          Start Type    = 3
     inf:                          Service Type  = 1
     inf:                          Error Control = 1
     inf:                          Image Path    = \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys
     inf:                          Display Name  = Line 6 POD Go AVStream Mini Driver
     inf:                          Group         = PNP Filter
     inf:                          Updated service 'l6podgo_AvsFilter'.
     inf:                     {Add Service: exit(0x00000000)}
     inf:                     Hardware Id  = USB\VID_0e41&PID_4247&MI_01
     inf:                     {Configure Driver Configuration: l6PodGo.NTamd64}
     inf:                          Service Name  = l6PodGo
     inf:                          Upper Filters = l6podgo_AvsFilter
     inf:                          Included INFs = ks.inf
     inf:                                          wdmaudio.inf
     inf:                          Include Scope = Services
     inf:                          Config Flags  = 0x00000000
     inf:                     {Configure Driver Configuration: exit(0x00000000)}
     inf:                {Configure Driver: exit(0x00000000)}

You can see it says "Updated service" 'l6PodGo' and 'l6podgo_AvsFilter' (the bane). I am still trying to find the reference to this because even after remove the .sys files it still sys updated service.

I found them left over in the registry, so I am guessing it has something to do with that, a task for tomorrow:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/System32/drivers/l6PodGo.sys
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/System32/drivers/l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/System32/drivers/l6PodGo.sys
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles\%SystemRoot%/System32/drivers/l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys

These logs are in the C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log file if you are looking.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, still no luck. This is the latest attempt, I seemed to have missed a few on my last cleanup so i am going to try once more. I also didn't touch the registry for this attempt.

flq:                {FILE_QUEUE_COMMIT} 12:45:53.474
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\l6PodGo.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\l6PodGo.sys'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\l6PodGo_AvsFilter.sys'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer_x64.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer_x64.dll'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\L6PodGoAsio_OnInterposer.dll'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\InterposerPodGoBackend64.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\InterposerPodGoBackend64.dll'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6ConfigPodGo.xml'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\InterposerPodGoBackend.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\InterposerPodGoBackend.dll'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' to 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\L6ConfigPodGo.xml'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\L6ConfigPodGo.xml' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\L6Driver2PodGoControlPanel.cpl' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\L6Driver2PodGoControlPanel.cpl'.
     flq:                     Copying 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\l6podgo.inf_amd64_bd193ff778222cfc\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll'.
     idb:                     Last driver package 'l6winusb.inf_amd64_680039b30d9a1455' to copy 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\WdfCoInstaller01009.dll' needs reconfiguration.
     flq:                     Hardlinking 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_amd64_fee724aa691ec5b0\drmk.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\drmk.sys'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\drmk.sys' remains unchanged.
     flq:                     Hardlinking 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_amd64_fee724aa691ec5b0\portcls.sys' to 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\portcls.sys'.
     cpy:                     Existing file 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\portcls.sys' remains unchanged.
     flq:                {FILE_QUEUE_COMMIT - exit(0x00000000)} 12:45:53.538

This line is concerning

As this did not show up on my wife's computer.

Also this error code:

!    dvi:                Device 'USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247&MI_01\8&17BA1CFE&1&0001' not started: Device has problem: 0x27 (CM_PROB_DRIVER_FAILED_LOAD), problem status: 0xc000007b.

Means that it is trying to use a driver compiled on x86 instead of x64, so that is where my focus is right now.

Would be great if you could check you `C:\Windows\INF\setupapi.dev.log` and see if you see something similar.

Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Ok. I gave up and am returning my laptop, I literally tried everything I could think of.  I had bought the laptop basically to exclusively do music with my Pod Go, so makes me sad.

The only real difference between my wife's Surface Book and mine was I was on Windows Pro (which it looks like you are) and I had usb 3.1 instead of usb 3.0.

I had read somewhere that the Hypervisor security may be the cause of similar errors, so maybe look into that. Sorry I can't be of more help but I think my journey with this issue ends here.

• 2 months later...

I had this same issue with my 3 computers at home, finally could fix it selecting manually the drivers instead of letting Windows doing it automatic: update driver->browse my computer->Let me pick from a list, and manually selected the right Line6 driver.

Did this in all the 3 computers and working, hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In my case, if I remember properly, in the list appeared 2-3 different lines but all of them as "Line 6 Pod Go". I just looked at the most recent date and selected it and worked. You can always try each one by one to see if it works. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, punkymonkey666 said:

I also have this issue, on my ancient desktop PC, which is currently running Windows 10, 32 bit. 

In device manager I can install under Line 6/Pod Go Device but will not install under "Sound, Video and Game controllers"  If I try to install from drivers already on PC, I get a Code 10 error - " this device could not be started" or something.

Will run Pod Go Edit, although the connectin drops out regularly

It installs and works fine, using the same USB cable with my 64 bit Win 10 Notebook but this is not really powerful enough to run Ableton, so I am kind of stuck.

Do I need to be running Win 10 64 bit?

I have this exact issue. Im on Windows 10 64 bit.  Does anybody has a workaround?

It worked on my wifes computer, but not on mine. No idea what else to try.

Any ideas are welcomed!

I tried many many things, support is not helpful at all unfortunately. In my case I think it was because my computer was newer and had USB 3.1 ports (worked on my wife's 3.0) and the driver didn't support it yet. Might have to just wait for updates to the drivers. I didn't try it, but you might want to try a USB hub with older USB support.

Hi guys, sorry to hear you've all been having driver problems. I'm just trying to understand what you are all trying to do and what this driver is intended to do?  Do you all already have Pod Go Edit v1.21 installed and have updated your Pod Go's to v1.21, and the drivers being referred to are for some more complex DAW recording software purposes?  Or are you just trying to update your Pod Go's?

11 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Hi guys, sorry to hear you've all been having driver problems. I'm just trying to understand what you are all trying to do and what this driver is intended to do?  Do you all already have Pod Go Edit v1.21 installed and have updated your Pod Go's to v1.21, and the drivers being referred to are for some more complex DAW recording software purposes?  Or are you just trying to update your Pod Go's?

Hey @voxman55,

This has nothing to do with Pod Go Edit or the Firmware on the device itself. When you use the installer, you install the drivers along with it.

image.png.ba6e936a0631700d9e6d48d109d75ecb.png

This is what is failing (though I have returned the computer it didn't work on and haven't tried the v1.96 drivers to see if that fixed it).

This driver is the audio driver which allows the Pod Go to communicate to DAWs, etc... So basically recording doesn't work.

21 minutes ago, saxatron said:

Hey @voxman55,

This has nothing to do with Pod Go Edit or the Firmware on the device itself. When you use the installer, you install the drivers along with it.

image.png.ba6e936a0631700d9e6d48d109d75ecb.png

This is what is failing (though I have returned the computer it didn't work on and haven't tried the v1.96 drivers to see if that fixed it).

This driver is the audio driver which allows the Pod Go to communicate to DAWs, etc... So basically recording doesn't work.

So this is where I'm confused and it's probably because of my inexperience with this. But I use Audacity to record. I only installed Pod Go Edit, and loaded no other drivers but Audacity and other programs recognise Pod Go automatically and I can record quite happily. I also have Cakewalk and ditto it recognises Pod Go. Hence I'm puzzled as to why separate drivers are needed as everything seems to work following installation of Pod Go Edit. Hence why I was asking whether you had Pod Go Edit installed. What am I missing/ misunderstanding here?  

The above is a screen shot from the Pod Go Edit installer.

Pod Go also automatically installs drivers when you plug in the USB, but it is the same drivers as the ones you install using the installer (I guess they are bundled).

1 hour ago, saxatron said:

The above is a screen shot from the Pod Go Edit installer.

Pod Go also automatically installs drivers when you plug in the USB, but it is the same drivers as the ones you install using the installer (I guess they are bundled).

Sorry to be thick, but I'm still unclear - have you physically installed Pod Go Edit v1.21 onto your PC and have you then updated Pod Go to v1.21? 

If so, can you use Pod Go Edit with Pod Go and are you seeing the updated models?  

Or are you getting an error when trying to install Pod Go Edit v1.21?  If so, what version of Pod Go Edit did you have on your PC before trying to update to Pod Go Edit v1.21?

Note: If you are a new Pod Go user and have installed no previous version of Pod Go Edit on your computer, you can't install Pod Go Edit v1.21. You have to install a previous version first eg v1.1 and then update - this is because v1.21 is an update only, not a full free-standing program.  

Hence why I'm trying to understand exactly what you've done, in sequence so that I can try & help. Your answers and all the posts above simply don't give a clear picture here and I don't understand why you are trying to load a separate driver because if you've installed Pod Go Edit properly, you shouldn't need to. 

Not sure you have read the entire post? This is specifically about audio drivers (I have posted detailed screen shots and logs on the audio driver installs).

This is not about connectivity between the Pod Go and the Pod Go Edit software. IIRC that worked.

What doesn't work is

1. Recording (because the computer doesn't recognize it as an audio device)

2. Playing audio from your computer through USB into your Pod Go Monitor

1 hour ago, saxatron said:

Not sure you have read the entire post? This is specifically about audio drivers (I have posted detailed screen shots and logs on the audio driver installs).

This is not about connectivity between the Pod Go and the Pod Go Edit software. IIRC that worked.

What doesn't work is

1. Recording (because the computer doesn't recognize it as an audio device)

2. Playing audio from your computer through USB into your Pod Go Monitor

This is why I'm confused - as far as I'm aware you shouldn't normally need to load separate drivers. If you install Pod Go Edit and upgrade Pod Go, the audio drivers will be automatically installed and your audio/DAW programs should then all see Pod Go.  Trying to load audio drivers separately can give rise to problems on some computers, as you've found. All my audio devices recognise Pod Go this way without the need to install separate drivers.  You might want to try uninstalling the driver you've had a problem with, and go through the Pod Go Edit installation and Pod Go update process to see if that solves the audio driver problem for you.  

They are the same drivers. I tried installing them both ways (directly from the device and as the separate driver install), neither works. You are welcome to try this yourself. Plugin your Pod Go, go to drivers (Device Manager) and uninstall driver. Then you can either plug in the device again or install the driver that comes with the Pod Go Edit software, and the driver will be the same (you can check the versions and the logs, they are identical using either installation method).

If it already works on your computer, it is going to install properly, it seems to be a hardware related issue with the drivers they currently support (I know this because I installed it on 2 identical Surface Books, one older hardware, the older hardware worked, new hardware did not work, exactly the same software on both computers).

When you have the hardware incompatibility, you get the following error which is due to a hardware combability with the driver.

!    dvi:                Device 'USB\VID_0E41&PID_4247&MI_01\8&17BA1CFE&1&0001' not started: Device has problem: 0x27 (CM_PROB_DRIVER_FAILED_LOAD), problem status: 0xc000007b.

OK, understand. Sorry, I was just trying to help and suggest a possible solution.  When you tried it from PG Edit was that first, or only after individual driver loading. If the latter, were you able to delete all components before using PG Edit?

It's very odd that there seems to be problems with some computers but not others.  Could there be a conflict with other software/drivers that are interfering with the installation? I don't doubt the problem but I'm struggling to understand how any software can be so flakey with different hardware.  Is there any non standard hardware that's been added since PC purchase?  I'm just trying to spot any possible cause that might be fixable. 

What does Line 6 say about all this? I gather from the thread that so far they've not resolved, but have you escalated?

In my case as Saxatron says the problem was when the driver was installed automatically (I tried in 3 different computers and always the same issue) and the only solution I found after different approaches was to right button pod go in device manager and manually select the existing driver to setup (browse my computer for driver software->Let me pick from a list...->select Line6 Pod Go driver).

To me it doesn´t seem to have any sense at first, as that´s the same driver Windows is trying to install (the one that comes with Pod Go Edit), but it only works to me if I do it manually.

When I updated PG Firmware last week it happened the same: Windows updated the driver automatically and it appeared as error again on Device Manager, I right clicked following the steps above, selected the updated driver manually and it works again.