Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

EU and UK power supply adapter blades

weitzhandler

Hi,

The POD Go came with the power supply in this picture:

aXlHfuk.jpg

The back side has an extensible slot where you can attach blade adapters to match different countries:

sdm6zfr.jpg

I travel a lot and I need such blades for EU and the UK. After some fairshare amount of research, I've bought the CUI SMI-EU-2 and SMI-UK-2 blades for about $20, waited over a month for the shipping, then it did not fit on the power supply at all.

In the picture below are the UK adapter blade (~6mm in height) compared to the original US one (~12mm).

T7M3APW.jpg

Where can I find blades for the PS that cam with the POD Go?

Please advise

Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

HI there. I think this is what you are looking for

https://www.cui.com/product/external-ac-dc-power-supplies/ac-dc-accessories/smi-eu-2

I have the same problem. I live in the UK and I was delivered a PS with EU plug. I found the component but with the shipping costs it is cheaper to buy a new power supply...

Maybe the shipping costs from the US are more reasonable. 

Lukasz

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Instead of changing the blades on the unit itself, have you considered using a "travel kit" outlet adapter?  The DC3/g/h are 100-240v (50/60 hz) compatible, so there will not be an issue there.  I have done this in the past when working in different regions and have never had an issue.  When you're not performing you can use the same adapter to power other items.

• 1 year later...

I tried with another adapter but as the Pod Go doesn't have an XLR output and no option for grounding, I experienced unbearable noise in some venues.

Has anyone found a solution for it, I'm still struggling with the same issue.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the original adapter with an external converter to see if this casuses the noise and will report back here.