Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp list of effects

ReeV0

Hi all,

First post here! Just ordered a HX Stomp (for bass) but hasn't arrived yet...

I've been using a Zoom B3 for years, and also have an MS70CDR (with modded firmware to also use effects from MS50 & MS60B).

I'm trying to find some documentation that tells me all the effects in the Stomp, but can't find one. Not in the manual. I'd like to compare it between the Zoom, to see how many effects I'd lose.

Can anyone help? Thanks

Thanks, no idea how I couldn't find it. I went onto the manual and searched for the term "effects" to no avail. Also googled "line 6 hx Stomp list of effects" to equally no avail... 

Reading through the list, it seems there's a lot less than the MS60B/70CDR which is disappointing considering the price :/

22 minutes ago, lou-kash said:

Cheers, 14mb manual! They bundling some effects in that? Haha 

That's quite a fair few effects there. One I used on the Zoom a lot was called Z-Syn, didn't see it in the list. Wonder if there's another one similar but named differently

4 hours ago, ReeV0 said:

I'd like to compare it between the Zoom, to see how many effects I'd lose.

Huh? Ya don’t have to lose ‘em. Stick “‘em in an fx loop on the HX Stomp and you can still use ‘em.

I was considering buying a Big Sky or H9 just for a couple of effects, and there are some reasonable simulations on the MultiStomp 70CDR that do the job, so if I ever need them in a preset I hook up some send and return cables in stereo and patch in the little cheapo Zoom pedal and away we go. No problem.

Not sure about that Russian hack to import the other stuff from other Zoom products. Maybe I'm cynical, because that hack doesn’t work on a Mac.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

18 hours ago, ReeV0 said:

Thanks, no idea how I couldn't find it. I went onto the manual and searched for the term "effects" to no avail. Also googled "line 6 hx Stomp list of effects" to equally no avail... 

Reading through the list, it seems there's a lot less than the MS60B/70CDR which is disappointing considering the price :/

And such is the burden one bears when buying something without conducting due diligence, huh?

16 minutes ago, DunedinDragon said:

And such is the burden one bears when buying something without conducting due diligence, huh?

Yeah pretty much, I kinda just bought one because my mate was raving about how good his was and kept saying I should buy one. I did read reviews/watch YouTube videos etc. I just expected for the price it would at least be on par with the Zoom effects-wise 

On 10/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, ReeV0 said:

One I used on the Zoom a lot was called Z-Syn

Simply plug your Zoom into the Stomp FX loop and continue to use it if you like it a lot.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:45 PM, ReeV0 said:

Wonder if there's another one similar but named differently

From what I read, Z-Syn is a bass synth, right?

I have used the 3 OSC Synth combined with a Bass Octaver Pitch Wham to create a bass synth preset.* Roughly attempting to mimic Bernie Worrell's bass synth in Flash Light by Parliament. :)

* edit:

OK, it's a bit more complex to get a good tone. Blocks used:

Input noise gate on > Parametric EQ for preshaping to avoid unwanted glitches > LA Studio Comp for constant loudness to avoid glitches > Pitch Wham via expression pedal for the "octave-down" slide effect > Noise Gate to filter even more glitches > 3 OSC Synth > Parametric EQ for final sound shaping

Edited by lou-kash

On 10/9/2020 at 1:26 PM, ReeV0 said:

Seems you are more interested in Quantity over Quality. 

I use a few Zoom products myself (including a G3).... they are great for the price. But seriously, they are not at the level of the HX line. 

On 10/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, ReeV0 said:

One I used on the Zoom a lot was called Z-Syn, didn't see it in the list.

Anything in a Zoom that starts with "Z-....." the Z stands for Zoom! It's an effect they created, not a replication of anything in particular. That's why you won't find it in the Line 6 model list. That doesn't mean there isn't something comparable, or even better.... you just might have to get creative! 

OR.... best of both worlds! Put the Zoom in one of the loops and use it whenever you want. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, lou-kash said:

So this just says ALL the effects, I thought the HXFX had more effects than the Stomp?

Or is the difference that the Stomp can only use up to 6 blocks, but still has as many effects as the HXFX (plus added amp&cab sims?)

Thanks

2 minutes ago, ReeV0 said:

Or is the difference that the Stomp can only use up to 6 blocks, but still has as many effects as the HXFX (plus added amp&cab sims?)

This. As of firmware 2.92, that is.

Also, the aforelinked guide is about the HX Edit app, not the HX Effects device.

Edited by lou-kash
  • Like 1