Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

using hd500 in effects loop

I've googled like crazy on using the hd500 for an effects loop and the only setup I can get to work is the 4 cable setup.  However, it ends up removing all the high end and a lot of mids from my tone.  I'm using an orange crush 35 rt and before trying to use my hd500, I was able to plug my boss delay pedal into the effects loop of the amp and have it work as expected.  So with the effects send/return on the hd500, I figured it would work the same.  Guess not.  When I try this I get no sound from the amp at all.  I just want to use the hd500 for the delay/chorus/tremolo/etc type of effects.  How can I set it up so that I can do that without it changing my tone so dramatically?  Thanks.

This is how I would set it up: 

Guitar -> Orange Input .

Orange Send -> HD500 Guitar Input

HD500 Mono Output->Orange Return

From HD500 manual: If you are using high gain or active pickups you may want to set the Guitar In switch on the top of your POD HD500 to PAD. There's really no rule, use what sounds best.

You also might want to try setting the Fx Loop Level switch to Line or Stomp whichever works better.  

I don't have this equipment, but this is how I would set it up if I did. Hope you figure it out.