Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor BRICKED?

nickjmk

Helix

Hey all,

I’m having issues with the Helix floor unit I bought used a couple days ago.

Received the unit in working order, everything sounded fine, using firmware 2.5something.

When attempting to update to firmware 2.92 the update failed so I tried again.

Now the device won’t boot. If I boot normally I get this screen for a few seconds (note weird glyphs circled in red), which shows up for about a second before this screen appears. The progress bar loads until it gets to full then it hangs indefinitely. After a minute or so the helix animation will freeze.

Booting in safe mode (holding down FS6 + FS12) gives me this. There is no text on the screen. All other boot modes seem to do nothing.

The unit is detected in HX edit 2.92 on 3 different computers, 2 with Mac OS Catalina and one with Windows 10. Though the unit is recognised when booting normally I get the error 'connection interrupted'. If booting in safe mode the software isn't recognised.

Grateful for any help.  (:

5 hours ago, nickjmk said:

Update: Fixed! Used Line 6 Installer (not HX edit) with the unit in safe mode and the software found the unit, downgraded to 2.54 for now.

I would try updating to 2.92 using Line 6 Updater. 2.54 is a really old firmware at this point.

• Upvote 1