Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects and Mooer Preamp Live

KubaP

Hi,

I want to connect Mooer Preamp Live into my HX Effects FX loop (like on the picture) and have two questions:

1. Which kind of output for FX loop should I use: LINE or INST?
  2. What is maximum level input (Return) of volume in HX effects? Unfortunately Mooer doesn't have line output with constant volume - only master volume knob, that can be extremely loud.

Kuba

HX_Mooer.jpg

Hi,

I did something like this a couple of months ago with my Mooer GE150 (my Helix emergency backup) and I have the HXE Send at instrument  ( because I want the effects in front of the amp simm in the GE150 to be at instrument level, and the return at line (which is what the output for the GE150 does).  It sounds great.  I was shocked how well the amp and cab sim sounds in that cheap multieffects.  I don't plan on taking both the HXE and the GE150 as a backup, but I was thinking about building a small board with the two as a small lightweight travel board.    

Bob