Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help - USB Audio page in Pod Go Manual

trainguy

Hi all,

Firstly - this DAW stuff is all new to me so apologies in advance.  The POD Go manual on page 35 has a schematic of various wire routings (virtual?) in and out of multiple USB ports and a generally confusing arrangement.  Could someone from Line 6 please help me decode this page?  For now, I just want to multi-track processed guitar signal generated by the POD Go using Cakewalk by Bandlab or Audacity.  I would like to use hardware monitoring for minimal latency, which I understand is one of the features of Pod Go.

How many USB cables do I need?  Is it not just 1?

How to differentiate a USB input from a USB output? Are they not all the same?

What is meant by USB 1 and 2?

What is meant  by USB 1/2?

How does one define or assign port numbers to USB plugs on a Windows PC?  Are they not all the same?

Are the port numbers or routings defined in Windows, or in the DAW?

Anything other basic info that is currently clearly over my head - again, sorry (Canadian...)

tg

Responding to my own post - minutes later, I believe the answer is on the left side of pg 36, which shows step-by-step what to do.  I believe I was thrown off by the title of that section:  Recording a dry DI track, which maybe should have been named:  Recording processed and dry DI tracks simultaneously.

tg

yes, you need only one usb cable, that carries simultaneously channels usb1/2 (processed pod go signal) and usb3/4(dry signal) that you can select as input into your daw of choice.

it's a little confusing because each of them act both as input and output. 

USB cable from GO to computer AND insure that you hook your speakers up to the GO LR outputs. In the audio preferences of you DAW application, make sure that you have the GO selected as the device. Then when you create a track, you should see up to 6 available input options, 1 mono, 2 mono, 1&2 stereo, 3 mono, 4 mono and 3&4 stereo....Something like that...It varies a bit between the DAWs but you just need to remember that 1&2 are wet and 3&4 are dry and the manifest on the track where you would select the input you want....

7 hours ago, trainguy said:

Thanks very much.  Still no success as I am trying to use Audacity but it seems not to like the ASIO drivers.  I can only record a single track.

What do you mean by only a single track?

I agree that Reaper is much more a proper software to do digital recordings.

Hi all,

Lots to update.  I now have great results on my desktop PC which has Cakewalk by Bandlab, with all the ASIO choices and excellent, low latency multi-track recording using the In-Out channels you guys mentioned above - thanks!  But - this desktop is too close to others in the house not interested in my repeated guitar tracks.

For the laptop PC with Audacity - no such luck.  It does not find the ASIO drivers, only MME and Wasapi or similar.  This is a work laptop for which I am not the Admin.

Our work IT administrator allowed the installation of Pod Go Edit,  Line 6 ASIO drivers and Audacity.  No luck installing Bandlab and Cakewalk.  I am very close to getting an additional laptop for music only, and no more worries.

tg