Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the Dream Rig for Wet/Dry.

Hi all. I'm currently playing with using my JTV59 and HD500X into my Soundsource and DT25 in a wet/dry set up. All connected via the L6 Link. The dry side is the DT25 and the wet side is the Soundsource. This means compressors, overdrives and FX loop before the split and all the other effects in side B after an appropriate amp. The mixer at the end is used to pan the two signal paths hard left and right into the two different physical amps.

I'm having trouble (to my ears) with getting an amp model in the dry side that sounds as good as the DT25 does on its own. I've turned off cab sims and just used the pre amp versions of the amps but it seems to lack something.

Any ideas on what I'm probably doing wrong? Should I just disable the amp model on the HD500 and just use its built in tones? I have the V2 software in there and have MIDI control of the assorted parameters.

Thanks.

John

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 4:42 AM, fairleas said:

Hi all. I'm currently playing with using my JTV59 and HD500X into my Soundsource and DT25 in a wet/dry set up. All connected via the L6 Link. The dry side is the DT25 and the wet side is the Soundsource. This means compressors, overdrives and FX loop before the split and all the other effects in side B after an appropriate amp. The mixer at the end is used to pan the two signal paths hard left and right into the two different physical amps.

I'm having trouble (to my ears) with getting an amp model in the dry side that sounds as good as the DT25 does on its own. I've turned off cab sims and just used the pre amp versions of the amps but it seems to lack something.

Any ideas on what I'm probably doing wrong? Should I just disable the amp model on the HD500 and just use its built in tones? I have the V2 software in there and have MIDI control of the assorted parameters.

Thanks.

John

I'd be thinking for best results you'd have to use the pre amp selection for the DT25 and the SoundSource would be a full amp model including cab sims. That's why it's sounding like it's lacking something on the SoundSource side of things. 

Jd

Do you have a scenario do you get a good sound with you HD500x and the Soundssource without the DT25?

I know how to get the DT25 and powercab to sound good together, but don't know anything about the Soundsource.