Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reverb Drip in 3.0 or never?

billyhell2

I run an HX Stomp and Pod Go for different situations. The one thing I don't have is drippy reverb and I keep almost buying an Oceans 11 BUT I stop myself in case the 3.0 release has better reverbs. 

I don't understand how a product like Helix doesn't have a drippy reverb options. Anyone else looking for this in 3.0? I feel like I should just buy the Oceans 11 pedal and get on with my guitar pursuits.  

21 minutes ago, billyhell2 said:

I don't understand how a product like Helix doesn't have a drippy reverb options.

Some people can't understand why a product like Helix doesn't have a polyphonic coffee maker.

21 minutes ago, billyhell2 said:

I feel like I should just buy the Oceans 11 pedal and get on with my guitar pursuits.  

GO FOR IT!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, billyhell2 said:

I run an HX Stomp and Pod Go for different situations. The one thing I don't have is drippy reverb and I keep almost buying an Oceans 11 BUT I stop myself in case the 3.0 release has better reverbs. 

I don't understand how a product like Helix doesn't have a drippy reverb options. Anyone else looking for this in 3.0? I feel like I should just buy the Oceans 11 pedal and get on with my guitar pursuits.  

There was a guy on here a while back posting links to how the had created a "Drip Verb" and showing it on YouTube vid. Have a look further than the first page and you will find it.

If you want an Oceans 11 pedal - go buy one and stick in a Send/Return FX loop - works a treat!

2 hours ago, billyhell2 said:

Let me save you the suspense... it's a virtual certainty that there will never be one box from any manufacturer, that perfectly emulates everything under the sun, yielding 132% satisfaction for every guitarist on earth. So stop waiting for it, 'cause it ain't coming. If there's something that you need/ want that isn't already in there... wait for it... GO BUY IT. You'll never get everything from one source... life simply isn't that neat and tidy. Or keep waiting and crossing your fingers. Trouble is, that often ends in disappointment...

I have to agree, though. The spring reverb on the hx stomp sounds nothing at all like a spring reverb. Even putting the difficult-to-emulate ‘drip’ aside. It just sounds like another plate, to me. I don’t put it all on line 6, though. I’ve had a fair amount of other high end reverbs (strymon, for example) and it was the same story. It must be a tricky one to emulate.