Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi 75 Sound issue

sorrelity

• 9 months later...

I have an AMPLIFI 30 and an AMPLIFI 150, both of which use an FBV Shortboard MK2, which  makes for a very versatile solution when used with either of those amps. While the AMPLIFI 75 with the FBV Express MK2 sounds like a decent buy at $275, the EXPRESS is very limiting, as it's a 4-switch box that doesn't control individual amp effects, and I don't think that it allows switching banks, either. (May be wrong on that...) 

I also have the Brand X amp that you mentioned, which is similar in size and power to the AMPLIFI 30, and costs about the same, brand-new. I'll be honest and say that I've not used it much since buying it, but that's because I've been doing a lot of other things rather than playing guitar. But my impression is that it matches up well with the AMPLIFI 30 in tone, effects and amplifier models, and they sound similar to my ear. 

The each suffer from a critical (IMO) design deficiency in that they both lack a line output for running directly into a PA. Of course, you can mic the cabinet or use a summing cable on the headphone output, but both of those solutions are 'hacks'...  The AMPLIFI has one huge advantage -- access to 25 banks of 4 presets each, controllable via the footswitch. Brand X has just been outfitted with a simple 4-switch foot pedal for selecting one of the 4 presets, but I don't think there are provisions built into the amp, itself, to store more than 4 of them. You can modify them at-will and save in one of the 4 preset locations, but that's it -- only 4.

Brand X has some extra functionality that's not in AMPLIFI. But its huge advantage over the AMPLIFI is that it's still quite new and still strongly supported with firmware and app updates, the most recent of which added 3 new amplifiers and an EQ pedal. The footswitch was also developed after the unit was released, appeasing the early adopters who cried out for it. It's possible that future enhancements might include more tone storage, similar to AMPLIFI's banks, but that's just conjecture on my part.

For me, the decision would be a no-brainer. I would buy a new device that's still being supported, developed and modified. I like my AMPLIFIs, but they're what I consider abandonware. If they were to come up with a firmware change -- very unlikely -- I'd be scared-to-death to attempt to update it. It failed on my 150, and I had to ship it to California at my expense to have it updated.

Look in this forum for tales of woe from users whose amps have bricked during firmware updates. It's an extremely unreliable procedure, and Line 6 gives you ridiculous update advice, like telling you to keep trying different computers and USB ports until, maybe, one will work. 

• 4 weeks later...

The Line 6 AMPLIFi 75 is unlike any amplifier you've ever played. It features 75 W through a revolutionary 5-speaker stereo design that delivers powerful, detailed tones that other amps simply can't produce. As a Bluetooth stereo speaker system, AMPLIFi 75 is perfect for jamming at full volume, playing back songs at rehearsals and hearing every detail of your favorite songs (now compatible with Android devices).

On 9/6/2021 at 3:46 AM, Luettgen said:

The Line 6 AMPLIFi 75 is unlike any amplifier you've ever played. It features 75 W through a revolutionary 5-speaker stereo design that delivers powerful, detailed tones that other amps simply can't produce. As a Bluetooth stereo speaker system, AMPLIFi 75 is perfect for jamming at full volume, playing back songs at rehearsals and hearing every detail of your favorite songs (now compatible with Android devices).

This looks like an advert from 6 or 7 years ago…

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Luettgen said:

We’re constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I’ll be sure to share your request to the API product team.

"We're"??? Do you have a frog in your pocket? 

You don't appear to be a credentialed Line 6 representative and your only two posts here, while being readable,  don't seem to be based upon anything of substance that you have to offer. What are you trying to pull?