Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Loud pop when turning off?

boxfurspam

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My Pod Go also pops when switched off, regardless of volume setting, and it's loud. it's more of a sharp CRACK! If I have headphones on, it's painful.

So what was the resolution here? Did Line 6 provide any support/fix? What about home remedies, like a capacitor across the power switch?

The remedy to protect your ears is the usual best-practice one: turn off amp/speakers/monitors, or remove headphones, before you turn off any connected equipment. It’s been good practice since electric guitars were invented. 

My Pod Go does not do this so there could be a problem with your Pod Go or (more likely) your local power.

• Like 1

If I go into a high gain patch with amp & distortion block with Pod Go Volume dial at 3 O'Clock and turn off PG whilst wearing headphones (which I never do) I can hear a slight 'pop' but nothing loud or alarming.  With clean patches it's almost nothing.  But you should always do as @silverhead said above. Particularly with a real amp and cab you could actually damage a speaker if you don't turn off gear in the right order.