Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using the Spider V as an amp, without speaker

zawmbbeh

I'm wondering on how i can modify my Spider V (MkI) to safely remove the speaker, cut the middle out and attach the bottom closer to the control center. I never use the speaker (it sounds really muddy) but I've done lots of playing with tonefinding and I'm confident my tones are good enough to be usable as an actual amp. Anyone here that's dug into their Spiders, how would i remove the speaker without damaging components? thanks

I'm not certain what you're trying to accomplish. First, which Spider V do you have? They have different options for outputs.

If you don't use the internal speaker, how are you going to amplify the Spider? Are you going to use another cabinet, the line out into another amp or the line out into a powered speaker? You know you can't plug a speaker output of an amp into another amp. 

Before you go through the hacking up of your amp and void the warranty, I'd make sure you do the update to Spider V MkII if you haven't already. The revision of the amp models is dramatically better and you might be satisfied with the sound of the speaker with the firmware update. 

• 2 months later...