Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix presets compatible w/Stomp?!

illfists

12 minutes ago, illfists said:

is there any way I can convert them OR if someone could do it for me?!?!

Hi,

The only thing that I know about the John Browne presets is that they are from the high gain, metal, djent school of sonic mayhem and are put together for use on the full Helix units. If that is the case, then they won’t work on your HX stomp, because essentially it is a chopped down Helix with only one DSP and quite a few less blocks. 

If you have, or know someone, with a copy of Helix Native then those files could be loaded in where they will work fine, but you would have to re-jig the presets in order to load them into your Stomp and even then that may not be possible if they still exceed the available DSP and block capability of your Stomp. Whatever you ended up with would be nothing like the preset you imagined when you bought them. Even more annoying is that the real trouble with things like this is, the presets are essentially software and usually no refunds are available for software that has "technically" been used.

Sorry, that’s not what you want to hear, useless you can get someone to hack the files in Native, and even then I don’t think this will work.

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, rd2rk said:

Answered on your other thread.

On 10/23/2020 at 6:28 PM, datacommando said:

Ha ha,

You beat me to it, with this and the other thread. Didn’t spot the double post.

;-)

Whoops i didnt mean to double post.. 

Thanks for your responses, I just got Helix Native and loaded them up.  

Cheers!

• Thanks 1