Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

StageScape Remote App Compatibility Issue - iOS 14.... news?

It is now a month since we were told not to update our iPads if we want remote control of the M20d because of an incompatibility. Presumably if we do update we loose the remote control option.

The App Store is still reporting version 1.21 from Aug 31, 2017 as being the current version.

It there any news about an update to fix this? Is anybody working on it? Are there any plans for anybody to work on it?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Should we now do without updates for the iPad? The updates are also security relevant. And whoever did the ios-14 update because he didn't get the information about the incompatibility in time was just unlucky?
Since the StageScape M20d is currently on the market, the app should be updated quickly!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand the situation Line 6 is aware of and investigating the incompatibility issue. However I haven’t yet heard exactly what the issue is, and who is responsible for a fix. I seem to recall that the release of iOS 13 also caused compatibility issues with some Line 6 (and other manufacturers’) products. In that case it was Apple who caused the problem and they eventually fixed it in the iOS 13.4 release. Until we hear exactly what the problem is and who’s responsible for providing a fix I think we should avoid pointing fingers.

This is the current status report from Line 6. 

We have discovered a compatibility issue between the “StageScape Remote” application and iOS 14.  We are investigating the cause of this issue, and at this time we recommend not updating your iOS device to iOS 14 if you are using StageScape Remote with your StageScape M20d mixer. 

To prevent iOS devices from automatically updating, please click “Settings -> General -> Software Update -> Customize Automatic Updates” and de-select “Download iOS Updates”.

Thank you!  

The Line 6 Support Team

Be nice if we at least hear something from Line6 with an update about this issue.  That said, I do know the IOS14 update broke the Boss GT-1000 IOS app compatibility so something is going on on Apple's side.  Honestly though, how hard can it be for Apple to not break sending midi data over wifi?

• 3 months later...

If someone @Line6 happens to read this new post.... at all.

It is really frustrating being left in the void... I‘d appreciate any updated comment on this issue. If Line6 is not willing to invest more into this part of the market, just tell us.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Confirmed!! I am able to use the Staqescape remote app with my newer iPad running iOS 15.4.1. No changes were required to the Stagescape mixer or the Remote app installation, but.....

Those using the Apple Airport Express router might find, as I did, that the router needs to be reconfigured to use wireless Channel 1. Took some head scratching on my part, and I can't explain why, but the router no longer was using wireless channel 1 which the Stagescape seems hardwired to use. The router channel change finally resolved the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...