Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Levels via USB (1/2) into DAW are ABYSMALLY LOW on Mac Core Audio

netabuse

I just got my Pod Go, connected it via USB-A->USB-C, and trying to record into Ableton Live gives me levels that never get above -20dB for a clean tone, and even with an amp dialed up to 10, never comes close to being "loud". (Yes, I have the volume pedal at '100'.)

Switching to GarageBand and comparing the levels to any of Garageband's built-in "drummer" tracks is similarly low. Only when everything is dialed up to '10' and compressed, does the sound merely match the perceived volume of a simple drum track. 

Additionally, the clean channels (3/4) are low as well, and can't be boosted. 

This is with firmware 1.12 7a876bc1. 

You can boost your preset level up to 20dB at the output block. I don’t know if trying to match the level of the drum tracks is the best strategy, though. While tracking, you may want to lower the drum tracks a little and then bring them back up as needed. It’s always easier to add gain than take it away when recording.

As far the dry inputs (USB 3/4), those represent the unity gain level straight from your guitar, so those will be low. Those are primarily meant for re-amping. If you want to actually use them as tracks, you’ll need to boost them in your DAW.

I bought the V20 Mk II to use as a digital interface so I could record in GarageBand without upsetting the neighbours. But the levels are unusably low. To get any usable level it’s so distorted and the direct monitoring through headphones is deafeningly loud. The record level in GarageBand is greyed out. Any ideas?