Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Wah issues

boynigel

Just got my Pod Go. While tooling around with it fresh out of the box I noticed that when/if I changed the wah model type, that it would stop working as soon as I switched wah models.  As I moved the expression pedal up and down I could see the parameter value changing on the screen but there was no “effect” ...as if it were bypassed. I didn’t think much of it at the time as I hadn’t looked at the manual yet and chalked it up to possible user error. 

later I upgraded the firmware due to the unit freezing up a couple of times which solved that problem but the wah issue remains, and having spent some time with the manual I now know that it was not user error.  Anyone know of a fix for this?

13 hours ago, cristt said:

Do you activate first the wah by hitting toe down (doesn't matter if you see the wah parameter change)? The default behaviour of the exp pedal is volume.

Yes. The wah is on and it’s light is lit when this happens.

That said, I found a workaround. If I select different wah models while the wah is bypassed, I don’t have any issues. The problem only seems to occur when I try to select a different wah model when the wah effect is on. 

7 hours ago, boynigel said:

That said, I found a workaround. If I select different wah models while the wah is bypassed, I don’t have any issues. The problem only seems to occur when I try to select a different wah model when the wah effect is on. 

oh well I didn't get that part! it's pretty obvious that if the wah is on and you change wah model, you can't expect it to work until you turn it off and back on! it's normal behavior.

12 hours ago, cristt said:

oh well I didn't get that part! it's pretty obvious that if the wah is on and you change wah model, you can't expect it to work until you turn it off and back on! it's normal behavior.

Well it didn’t seem too obvious to me, especially given that I can actively scroll through all the other effects when they’re still on.  I’m guessing the wah effect is an exception given that it shares an on/off switch with the volume. 

Hi both - @cristt said:

"oh well I didn't get that part! it's pretty obvious that if the wah is on and you change wah model, you can't expect it to work until you turn it off and back on! it's normal behavior."

The above didn't sound right to me so  I've just checked my Pod Go. When I select the wah (ie red led on) regardless of whether I change the wah in the Pod Go or via Pod Go Edit the wah  model immediately changes type with no cut out or even any noticeable lag - it's immediate, so if I change the wah model even whilst hitting a chord or playing a riff, the model immediately transitions.

So @boynigel I think you are either experiencing a settings issue re how your wah is set to switch on/off or there is a software glitch.  I'd suggest a reboot back to factory (save your custom patches first via Pod Go Edit so you can re-import these).  Before reloading your patches, check if the same thing happens with factory patches.  If that doesn't work, I recommend you send Line 6 Support a link to this thread and a back up file to to see if they can clarify where the problem is.  But I can confirm that what you are experiencing is NOT normal behaviour.   

Hope this is helpful.  

2 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Hi both - @cristt said:

"oh well I didn't get that part! it's pretty obvious that if the wah is on and you change wah model, you can't expect it to work until you turn it off and back on! it's normal behavior."

The above didn't sound right to me so  I've just checked my Pod Go. When I select the wah (ie red led on) regardless of whether I change the wah in the Pod Go or via Pod Go Edit the wah  model immediately changes type with no cut out or even any noticeable lag - it's immediate, so if I change the wah model even whilst hitting a chord or playing a riff, the model immediately transitions.

So @boynigel I think you are either experiencing a settings issue re how your wah is set to switch on/off or there is a software glitch.  I'd suggest a reboot back to factory (save your custom patches first via Pod Go Edit so you can re-import these).  Before reloading your patches, check if the same thing happens with factory patches.  If that doesn't work, I recommend you send Line 6 Support a link to this thread and a back up file to to see if they can clarify where the problem is.  But I can confirm that what you are experiencing is NOT normal behaviour.   

Hope this is helpful.  

Thank you.  Not feeling good about this now because it has exhibited this behavior both before and after a factory reset and firmware update.  Aside from this it is totally glitch-free.

10 hours ago, voxman55 said:

Hi both - @cristt said:

Hope this is helpful.  

okay so i just did a factory reset and it's still doing it, whether it's a factory or user preset.  i updated to the latest firmware when i got it 5 days ago.  what's weird is that Line 6's site says v1.11 is the most up to date version, yet after doing the update the Go's screen says v1.12 upon start up.  so i'm somehow running a version that isn't available on their site?  okay...

and now the icing on the cake- i backed up my presets on Edit but now when i try to relaunch Edit all i get is a window shell that's completely black inside.  rebooted my (essentially brand new, up to date) Windows computer, rebooted the Go, reattached USB-  same thing.  black screen.  perfect.

17 hours ago, boynigel said:

and now the icing on the cake- i backed up my presets on Edit but now when i try to relaunch Edit all i get is a window shell that's completely black inside.  rebooted my (essentially brand new, up to date) Windows computer, rebooted the Go, reattached USB-  same thing.  black screen.  perfect.

I would completely unistall all the software from line 6 and install again. Just install the latest pod go edit, that will take care also of the firmware upgrade.

however I would quote what Jason Cohen wrote on his pod go support page on facebook, regarding pod go, factory reset, and update issues:

#1 DO NOT HOOK UP YOUR POD GO TO YOUR PC TILL YOU GET THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED!! The software prompts you when to hook it up. If you were hooked up before installing the update you got lollipoped cause windows lollipops up the drivers.
#2 pod go can not be hooked up to a USB hub! 99.99999999% of USB ports on the front of your PC are a HUB and not directly connected to the motherboard.

So on to how to fix if your pod go doesn't start (or if you want to deep reset)

1. Power Off your PodGo for 30 seconds and turn it back on. If this does not fix the issue move to Step 2.
2. If a restart does to fix your PodGo follow these instructions. Turn the power off, and hold buttons C and D then power your PodGo back on. On your screen you will get a prompt that it is doing the factory reset. DO NOT POWER DOWN YOUR PODGO AT ANY POINT DURING THIS PROCESS!!. When it is complete the screen will go to the normal pod go preset screen. At this point it is safe to power down your PodGo. If this doesn't work move to step 3.
3. If your PodGo does not fix itself after the above 2 attempts. Do the following. Power off your PodGo, press and hold A&B, turn the power on. On your screen you will get a prompt that it is doing the factory reset. DO NOT POWER DOWN YOUR PODGO AT ANY POINT DURING THIS PROCESS!!. When it is complete the screen will go to the normal pod go preset screen. At this point it is safe to power down your PodGo. If this doesn't work move to step 4.
4. Email Line 6 support, they will walk you through a re-install of the firmware / software on the PodGo. Have patience it will take them a few days to get back to you.

• Like 1