Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects for Vocal FX

C4TH

Hi people,

Not sure if it can work, or should even be attempted, but - Could I have a delay for example, on path B, then use the right input and right output of the HX, and then send them to a send and return on my PA mixer for a vocal delay?

That should work. Effectively you can use it as a 2 channel device, splitting the signal into path A and path B right at the input and keep both path separated.

See https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a3d3f4a5a6a1897ecdf6/application/pdf/HX Effects 2.50 Owners Manual - English .pdf page 30 ff.

A limitation is that you can't set I/O levels individually for each channel. See page 39.

Among others, I'm using my HX Stomp as a 2 channel device while playing acoustic bass guitar through path A, and a self-made amplified stompbox foot drum through path B.

The signal flow is:

Input Level: Inst > Split Y (Bal A: L100, Bal B: R100) > [ Path A: Preamp > Para EQ > 3-Band Comp / Path B: Preamp > 3-Band Comp > Para EQ ] > Mixer back on path A (A Pan: L100, B Pan: R100) > Output Main > Output Level: Line > into mixing console/power amp/PA/whatever.

I could also move the Mixer to path B, splliting the paths to bass > Output Main (mono or stereo) and stompbox > Output Send (mono or stereo) if needed.

So you could play your guitar through path A with all effects you need, and put just a delay on path B for the PA mixer effect loop. The essential thing is that the Split Y block must be at the very beginning and the path Mixer at the very end of the signal paths.

Edited by lou-kash

7 minutes ago, lou-kash said:

So you could play your guitar through path A with all effects you need, and put just a delay on path B for the PA mixer effect loop.

Forgot to note:

Your guitar then goes to Input L, the PA mixer's FX Send goes to Input R.

Output L goes to whatever amplifies your guitar, Output R goes to PA mixer's FX Return.