Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

iPhone through headphones in HX Stomp

kane21014

So I have a line 6 sonic port and want my iPhones to play out of the HX stomp headphone jack along with my guitar? Cant figure it out the sonic port has in/out which I’ve tried to go to the aux in on my hx stomp but only way I get audio from iPhone is if I plug straight into the sonic port. I’m thinking a headphone splitter maybe? 

1) Put Sonic Port back in drawer

2) Get 1/8" Stereo to dual 1/4" Insert cable

3) In Global Settings>Ins Outs set RETURN TYPE to AUX

4) Plug the 1/8" Stereo jack into the iPhone, plug the dual 1/4" jacks into HXS Returns.

Rock Out!

5 hours ago, kane21014 said:

So I have a line 6 sonic port and want my iPhones to play out of the HX stomp headphone jack along with my guitar? Cant figure it out the sonic port has in/out which I’ve tried to go to the aux in on my hx stomp but only way I get audio from iPhone is if I plug straight into the sonic port. I’m thinking a headphone splitter maybe? 

Not sure I have all the details of what you are trying to achieve here and don't know whether your iPhone has a headphone jack or just a lighting connector but here goes.

No camera kit or Sonic Port required - If you have an earlier model iPhone that has a 1/8 headphone output then rd2rk's solution above might be the one for you.  Simple and minimal fuss.  See video below for additional HX Stomp routing and settings tips.

Using the Sonic Port - For a later model iPhone lacking a headphone jack, perhaps you are thinking of using the Sonic Port as a substitute for an  Apple Camera Kit or lightning to 1/8 headphone adapter.  Using this method I would think you could still use a 1/8 stereo splitter to dual 1/4 cable as rd2rk suggested. Run that cable from the 1/8 headphone output on the Sonic port to the stereo returns on the HX Stomp. Conceivably with this setup you might, in addition to playing music tracks, even be able to plug one guitar into the Sonic Port input and other(s) into the HX Stomp. Craziness! Again, the video below will provide routing and HX Stomp settings.

Using an Apple Camera Kit - Also for a later model iPhone an alternative to the Sonic Port if you are just trying to play music tracks from the iPhone and plugging your guitar into the HX Stomp, you could use the iPhone camera kit for going direct USB to the HX Stomp. That seems to be a fairly elegant way to play music from the iPhone to the HX Stomp.  Take a look at the video below, starting at about 2:53 in, which has several methods for connecting from an iPhone to an HX Stomp. The solution using an Apple Camera kit and USB is towards the end of the video. The video will show you the proper routing and HX Stomp settings.

Then I would think it would just be a matter of making sure your routing/settings on the HX Stomp are delivering signal to the Stomp's headphone jack.

Lastly, take everything I suggested here with a huge grain of salt. Any or all of it could be bollocks as I own neither an HX Stomp nor a Sonic Port :-)  More than happy to defer to someone who owns both these items.  Anyway, I would start by watching this video starting at 2:53 in to get some ideas on how you want to connect your iPhone, with, or without the Sonic Port.

• Like 1