Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 with G90

hexxys

Couple quick questions:

Does the G10 work with the G90?  I like the form factor of the G10 for at-home use (direct into the instrument, no pack that needs to be clipped, etc.)  Will it work with my G90 rack though?

Second, I understand the G10 has a base station that acts as both a charger and a receiver.  I only need it to be a charger.  If nothing is plugged into the outputs of the G10 base station, will the G10 transmitter know to automatically pair up to my G90?  Or how does that work?

Thanks everyone

Yes, you should be able to use the G10 transmitter with the G90 receiver. The only wrinkle is you'd have to use the G10 base to set the channel on the G10 transmitter. With the normal G10, the channel is always auto-selected, but on the G10S, you can manually set the channel. So it would work well with the G10S, not so much with the original G10.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older thread, but I did exactly this and it works great! I won a bid on a used G90 with broken transmitter, but the firmware was old and you can only update via an XD-V75 unit. So recently I bought a used V75 with no mic or antenna, updated the firmware on both and it works great! Now the G90 is racked with Helix and I can put the G10S transmitter back on the pedalboard with the Stomp for gigs. I especially like the longer signal and battery life gauges on the G90.