Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Headphone out question

ConnerNA

I currently run my helix direct to FOH (usually through XLR or 1/4). I currently have 2 Bose S1s that I am going to be running on stage. What I am THINKING about doing is running my headphone out (through a TRS to dual XLR Ycable) into my two S1s, this will allow me to control the on stage volume with my phones volume knob and big knob will control the level I am sending to FOH.....would this work OK, am I missing something?

What you're missing is that you don't need to control your signal to FOH unless there's no FOH engineer. FOH should be getting a steady signal level. You only need to control your stage level. Set the Big Knob to control the (usually) 1/4" outs to your S1s. That will ensure that FOH gets a steady signal level at all times from the XLR Outs.

The FOH engineer will thank you.

WHY did I not think of this, I always forget you can set what you want the big knob to control!!!

So since I am disabling all ToneMatch settings on these S1s and running them as FRFR I would assume it would be best to send "Line" on the 1/4 outs?

Thanks so much!